Demi-Gods come forth!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Tommy!
Demi-God right here in yo face...
Please, get a clue. Demi-Gods are all people who support, through their hard earned money, this site that you visit, read and post to. Without this support you wouldn't have a place to find out all the best in Mac related issues. So before you jump in and start flinging words, make sure you know what you're doing.

Comment

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
so we have a headcount of 4 up to this posting...

I thought about deleting his post....but nah... ;)

Comment

BeerDrinker29

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
I dont even know what a demigod is. So you have to pay to become one, huh? Even if I had one post, I could buy a mug and be in?

Do you get any moderator capabilities or anything?

Comment

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by BeerDrinker29
I dont even know what a demigod is. So you have to pay to become one, huh? Even if I had one post, I could buy a mug and be in?

u buy a mug....u attain "Macrumors Demi-God" status...it's as easy as that ;)

moderator capabilities are up to arn to hand out...

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by BeerDrinker29

heh.... ok, let's not make this a "me vs you" sort of thread...

Basically, Demi-God status is simply a nod to those folks who have donated $$ to the site....

https://www.macrumors.com/contrib.html

It provides you no special powers in itself... with the exception of entering the private forums which house talk amongst us as well as unfiltered/edited rumor submissions. "Benefits" last a year from time of donation and help support the site costs.

Currently, there are 2 folk aside from Blakespot and myself who have moderator status... eyelikeart and ambitiouslemon can move and close threads to keep things in order. Not coincidentally, they are have contributed in the past.

There are 10 demigod's at the moment...

arn

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.