Democrat Civil War

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DUCKofD3ATH, Feb 28, 2016.

1. DUCKofD3ATH, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016

DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Black vs. White in the Democratic Party!

Farrakhan: Don’t Fall For ‘Satan’ Hillary Clinton’s ‘Crap’
    Farrakhan said, “How many of you are going to vote for Hillary Clinton? You don’t have to raise your hands. I do not blame you for wanting a female president, but that is a wicked woman. She can be sweet but so can you. And you know when you are sweet but playing a game. All of a sudden she knows about Trayvon Martin. All of a sudden—the boy’s been dead two years now—she talking about him like she met the mother and oh… White people this is Satan. And you fall for that crap? Most of you went to jail for having a little blunt. They arranged that—the Clintons. Mass incarceration came about under the Clintons, Don’t forget that. They call my young gang bangers super predators. And Black Lives Matter put it to her—she didn’t know how to handle that. Call you a super predator, that has no conscience, no sense of dignity like you are a dog, an animal. She gotta bring you to heel my young brothers. This is what she said about you and she didn’t just say it—it became law and policy of the U.S. government under Bill Clinton and his wife, and now she is apologizing, but apologizing can’t bring back the broken families. Apologizing cant bring back those that been destroyed in prison life.”
    And the Klan was active in the shadow of Disneyland! Say it isn't true, America!

Historically being an organization that limited membership to only the Democratic Party, the notorious Ku Klux Klan was stomped by Americans as they rallied in Anaheim, California:

Four stabbed in melee at Ku Klux Klan rally in California
    "As soon as they got out of their vehicle, immediately they were attacked by counter-protesters and this caused a melee down the block," he said.
    The vehicle pulled up and three men got out and began to unload signs when the group of about 50 counter-protesters approached them, yelling and throwing sticks, witnesses said.

"Three people were stabbed by the fire hydrant," said Darren Simpson, 49. "These Klan guys were fighting for their lives."
    The Democratic party is tearing itself apart! The vice-chair of the DNC has resigned and endorsed Bernie!

Tulsi Gabbard, Rising Democratic Star, Endorses Bernie Sanders
    Representative Tulsi Gabbard, Democrat of Hawaii, resigned as a vice chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee on Sunday in order to endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for president.

2. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Wow, finally a true democrat for peace, the Vice Chair of the DNC resigns so she can support Bernie!

3. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Historically. The early Klan. And because Republicans were the "party of Lincoln".

I hardly think those guys are a fit in today's Democratic Party. Today the Klan attracts those who are about white power identity politics, period. Any other political allegiance is secondary.

David Duke urges a vote for Trump. Duke is a former grand wizard of the Klan. Trump has been called out by numerous politicians (over not immediately disavowing Duke's support), including South Carolina Republican Senator Tim Scott:

4. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

man a lot of barking up that tree again. rolled three totally separate stories into one. no clue why you include the KKK in it

5. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

And yet...when you hear of an ex-Grand Dragon of the KKK running for office in Florida in 2011, is it a surprise to find out he's a Democrat?:

Meet the Ex-KKK Grand Dragon Running for Mayor in Fla.
    As a general rule, nothing that happens in Florida should ever come as a surprise; you should just assume, for instance, that Sunshine State Republicans are freaking out about government-run septic tanks, and that, until proven otherwise, somewhere in Sarasota a police officer is declaring himself a sovereign nation. But ok, this isn't exactly ordinary:

70-year-old John Paul Rogers wants to become the next mayor of Lake Wales, but critics say he could have a tough time bringing the town together because he's a former member of Ku Klux Klan.

Rogers, who is currently a commissioner, spoke with 10 News Tuesday afternoon and says, "I'm not running for the Klan for Grand Dragon." That's because Rogers has already had that title.

"Critics say" Rogers' long association with a racist hate group that has a history of violence reflects poorly on his character and suggests that he might be something less than a stellar ambassador for Lake Wales. But Rogers (above left, in gold), a city commissioner and a Democrat, insists that this is all just a big misunderstanding because really, the United Klans of America wasn't just about race—where'd anyone get that idea? Asked at a recent forum if he'd denounce his past views, "Rogers responded that if being against communism, against drugs, and in favor of states' rights was wrong, then he was wrong."​

Trump answered honestly:

“I don’t know anything about David Duke,” Trump told CNN’s Jake Tapper. “I know nothing about white supremacists.”
    Consider that David Duke was a Democrat all his life until he switched to become a Republican when he ran for representative to the Louisiana House way back in 1988! The GOP promptly repudiated Duke who later formed his own nutsy party and ran for president.

So unlike Democrats, we Republicans don't have any recent experience with white supremacists.

Tim Scott should cut Trump some slack, but then maybe he's supporting one of Trump's competitors. All's fair.

But while we're on the subject, can you name one prominent person the Democratic party ever repudiated for being a racist or segregationist? I've asked several PRSI Libs/Dems and none have provided an example.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 28, 2016 ---
    Organization started by Democrats? Of course it's relevant!

6. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

They have a white supremacist winning their primary and still trying to correlate the modern Democratic Party to the KKK and Margaret Sanger. Lmao. Good luck with burning your own party to the ground in November!

image.jpeg

7. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

The Democrats could be such a great party and the republicans as well. You guys really need a better systems for selecting candidates and adopting party policy.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

But since he did... and got it wrong...

We had a better system before 1776. It was called a monarchy. We found it lacking... this is messier but somehow still totters along without any crowned heads (despite what Trump thinks).

9. thewap, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016

thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Disgusting race baiting by democrats as usual, attributing the KKK to Trump? Democrats might lose New York by doing that, New Yorkers know Trump well, and he is no racist.

One think MSM and the establishment is doing well on is actually putting the spotlight on the KKK after all these years being irrelevant - congrats on the idiocy.

10. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Honestly?! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That word isn't in his vocabulary. Donald Trump is a LIAR!!!!

Seems he knew plenty about him back in 2000

11. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

So it looks like that poster is a KKK recruiting advert from Democrats Organizing for America. You guys really are desperate, huh?

12. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Your top candidate has been endorsed by a prominent white supremacist and former KKK leader and hasn't disavowed him but the Democrats are the ones doing the race baiting? You must be quite limber from all the mental gymnastics you're doing.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 28, 2016 ---
    I love how you attack the source but not the content. Says a lot. Keep at it. Man, I can't effing wait until November. It keeps getting better and better. :D:D:D

13. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

or not honestly it turns out;

source

14. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

16 years ago, Trump said he didn't want to associate himself with Duke. Now, not having heard Duke's name in 16 years, he replied that he didn't know who he was.

Man, you guys are desperate indeed. Guess that's understandable, what with your party tearing itself apart. Oh, and thanks for that quote from 2000! It helped a lot.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

What do you not understand about the following two sentences?

These guys will support anyone who sounds like minded, will run on any ticket that will take them (for whatever reasons, including their loathesome base electorate).

16. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Bzzzzz! Sorry, you're too late with your quotes. Already shot 'em down, but better luck next time.

17. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Helped a lot to prove your beloved Trump is a damn liar? Yes, yes it did.

I'm sure he hasn't heard his name in 16 years and just totally forgot about him. You just keep telling yourself that sweetie, maybe some day you'll believe it. :)

Can you imagine if Hillary said she just conveniently forgot who David Duke is? You'd be all over it!

Speaking of a party tearing itself apart....

The GOP is working double time (which is more than they've worked in the last 6 years) to take down their leading candidate. Yep, seems like it's all butterflies and unicorns on the GOP side of things. Nothing to see here folks!

18. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

But I cited a Democrat who ran for office relatively recently and he had been a Grand Dragon for the KKK. Got any Republicans who've run lately that were KKKlukkers?

And are you going to name a prominent person the Democratic party ever repudiated for being a racist or segregationist? Don't you think it's terrible that the Dem's leadership (including Bill Clinton, Harry Reid, and Joe Biden) are racists?

19. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Anyone can endorse a candidate, doesn't mean the candidate endorses him. What YOU endorse is making the KKK relevant again.

Yes it sure will be fun, as citizens are waking up to the status quo freaking out about the prospect of an *outsider* taking over their fiefdom they have had in govt for years now. Looking forward to see them all crash under Trump . :eek::D

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Actually I can hardly wait to see the movie.

21. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Maybe in your own mind you shot them down, but here on earth, no you did not. I know it's difficult to accept that your party favorite is now a neo-fascist who will never be president. It must be difficult to cope with. Do you want to talk about it?

.....See? I can be empathetic.....

22. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I'm for whomever the GOP nominates. And I'm having fun watching the big show.

23. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

If you refuse to denounce them, you endorse them by default. Holy cow, I can only imagine the fury from the right if Hillary was endorsed by a klansman and didn't immediately denounce him. They'd be tripping over themselves in hysterics. Don't even attempt to cover up your double standard and bias here, it's painfully clear.

24. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

he knew and disavowed him just last friday......much more recent than 2000......better luck next time yourself

25. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Difficult for you to accept that the Vice Chairman of the DNC resigned to get away from a neo fascist monger?
    I feel for you too.:rolleyes: