Democratic Party files lawsuit alleging Russia, the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks conspired to disrup

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by lowendlinux, Apr 20, 2018.

1. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...6-campaign/ar-AAw6YTh?ocid=spartandhp&ffid=gz

Here we go...

Children all of them from Trump on down

2. IWantItThatWay Suspended

They should be forced to give up their servers and have them actually examined. There is still no proof Russia hacked the DNC and they definitely did not hack Podesta (Podesta was an idiot who fell for a phishing scam).

Also remember during the election, all we heard was how Trump needs to accept the election result and not doing so is a literal "threat to Democracy?" All throughout the election Trump was told to "stop whining" and the election couldn't be hacked/rigged. Obama even said that was impossible.

That didn't last long did it? A person's true character is revealed when something doesn't go his/her way.

[​IMG]

3. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

There isn't proof? Geez that's news to me and hundreds of millions more people

4. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

Well the DNC is broke, so a good way for them to get some money $$$

5. JesperA macrumors 6502a

How? The surely will lose money from this lawsuit

6. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

They are broke? Geez since when? Where do you guys get your information

7. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

They aren't doing this for money. They're doing this for the opportunity to pursue discovery. I wish they had done this a lot earlier.

8. Zenithal macrumors 604

Repeat of history. At least Nixon was clever.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

10. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Technically untrue, IT staff told him the phishing e-mail was legitimate when they meant to say illegitimate.

11. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-01-26/release-the-dutch-evidence-of-the-dnc-hack

It also explains why the Federal Bureau of Investigation, by its own admission, never examined the DNC servers that had been penetrated, seemingly relying on data from Crowdstrike. If it had all the technical evidence from the Dutch, it may not have needed to look at the servers.

DNC. Crowdstrike > Dmitri Alperovitch >Victor Pinchuk

Victor Pinchuk...where have we heard that name recently?

Cool lawsuit. Let's see them go to OPEN court and prove that the Russians did it. Something tells me that will never happen.

12. edk99 macrumors 6502a

The DNC is still butt hurt Hillary did not win. I'm pretty sure the DNC's collusion with CNN and the tactics they used against Bernie were more harmful to the 2016 elect then anything Russia. I guess in there book that kind of collusion and the way they treated Bernie is OK.

13. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I agree the Bernie thing was pretty deplorable, but if you think CNN is a problem, have you looked over on Fox News since, I dunno, they've been on the air, but especially since Obama was elected? Hannity covering stories he's secretly a part of? Running campaign ads for Trump?

And you think that's more harmful than Trump cozying up to a hostile nation that interfered in the election? Trump really was tough on Russia... on Twitter... before he was president. Now he wants to form cyber security teams with them and get along well and not hit them with sanctions. In fact, he's so steadfast in his support for Russia he'll take a huge dump on his own staff.

14. 0007776 Suspended

There is no evidence that anyone infiltrated voting systems and changed votes. However that does not mean that there wasn’t a strong Russian propaganda campaign to get Trump elected. And I have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t accept the results of the election. There just are a lot of people shocked that there were so many people stupid enough to fall for the Russian propaganda and put Trump in office.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The Democratic Party has little to offer rural voters, and little to offer voters who think the government is inefficient and unaccountable, or who feel left behind, or who feel the rich liberals don’t understand working class issues. That gives someone like Trump a hell of a starting position which Russian propaganda can push over the line.

Frankly the same applies with Brexit and the Labour Party.

16. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I think he meant to say... if you have to ask IT, you're an idiot.

17. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Taxes are probably the number one thing squeezing everyone in this country. This fantasy land of giving more money to Trump means the poor will have more money is something they buy into. But if democrats could sell them on everyone paying their fair share, If Democrats hold all chambers again, I want a tax increase on the wealthy - and by tax increase, I mean they actually pay something rather than get bogus write-offs and tax havens - immediately, and it needs to go into infrastructure and more tax cuts for the working middle-class who do most of the work and truly pay most of the taxes.

If not, I will gladly vote for a GOP breakaway - if there ever is one - who will clamp down on his or her own party's obsession with giving working class dollars to the wealthiest.

18. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

I'll vote for anyone who will stop giving more and more tax breaks to corps and more to the working family. They were already making record profits. They didn't need it. We need it. Small business needs it more than corps. Disgusting to see people happy with what was passed

19. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

This is a ridiculous move by the DNC, and it will reduce the party's popularity. Even if the DNC manages to make some Trump associates be grilled on the stand, people will view this for what it is: a stunt. We need to wait for Mueller's report. It's just that simple.

In all honesty I think the DNC might have just blown the 2018 election. I don't know what they were thinking. :confused::mad::(

20. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I agree. It depends on if they have something we don't know. If its just tit for tat, it won't bode well, but at the same time, Trump is skating through with ridiculous authority at a break-neck pace. This guy gets away with more before breakfast than any president in history could have in a term.

21. Zenithal macrumors 604

They did it in 1972. Besides, the Dems may not gain POTUS in 2020, but they can gain House and more House and Senate in 2018 and 2020, respectively. And can make Trump a lame duck if they wish.

22. raqball macrumors 68000

It's an odd move.. They've just opened themselves up to discovery... I see dirt from both sides coming out so what do they have to gain with this?

23. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Do you really think that there are a material number of potential Democratic voters who will change their minds because of this? Anyone with a big problem with this was already going to vote Republican or stay home.

24. Zenithal macrumors 604

Not sure. Though, it does benefit the people. After all, we give these cockroaches their jobs.

25. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Yes, I do. It might not be much of a blip, but it might be enough to be the difference between regaining some control of Congress or not. We lefties do not need self-inflicted wounds.... I hope people will just shrug this off, but I think many will be angered by it. I am.