Democrats coming for your guns

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jan 16, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

one state at a time.
    http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Lawmakers-seek-to-strengthen-state-s-6760078.php
    it makes no difference if we conform to the laws, they want to ban semi autos any way they can. this is why the NRA exist and gets big, there is no compromise with many morons in office.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It should read:

3. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I thought NRA membership was around 5,000,000 out of a population of 310,000,000 that's not big.

Some pop stars have 40,000,000 followers.

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yes, membership is not as big as it should be.

5. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Dems passed unconstitutional restrictions in NY and CT and only 2% comply. HA HA

Funny how they don't pass these restrictions on their security details... you know.. like smaller clips.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

rules for thee but not for me.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

And they all sing similarly mindless songs put out of proportion... which isn't nice, NRA sometimes has nice points but then you read memes their people put out that incorporate only chosen words out of the second amendment instead of having the guts to write out the whole thing unmolested (because the meaning and context then change as a result and they hope people will buy into their screwing around with people so unethically).
    --- Post Merged, Jan 16, 2016 ---
    If only REX84 was used. Can't blame Dems for that, though I'm sure some news outlets would try...

8. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Thread title:
    It depends on who you are and what kind of guns you have. A subtlety which the gun lobby wants you to ignore.

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

ha, what I had turned from legal to illegal, standard capacity magazines now illegal in plenty of areas, I had to put bullet buttons on my ARs and that is not enough for them. so no there is no compromise that works with them at all as nothing satisfies them.

10. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I told you months ago what would satisfy me. You can keep one .30-06 bolt-action deer rifle and three boxes of copper ammo in possession. Rifle registered, with a ballistics test on record. I'm thinking about scopes. If your eyesight is good, iron sights only. Over 50, with cataracts, etc., maybe a scope.

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

sorry, not interested in satisfying you unless you have $20 :p

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

How very generous of you.:rolleyes:

13. Robisan macrumors 6502

Banning detachable clips "on a legal semiautomatic rifle" is not banning guns. But carry on anyway. Facts apparently don't matter.

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

It's pretty much banning semi-automatic guns though as something like an AR-15 isn't going to do much good if you can't put a clip in it.

In other news, you could have just made the thread title "stupid politician proposes stupid law", but then I suppose if we did that every thread in PRSI would have that same title.

This law wouldn't do a ****ing thing. Stupid politicians should worry about keeping guns out of the hands of crazies and making sure current laws are followed.

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Fact. "Legal" semi auto definition keeps changing

16. Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

It's not a clip it's a magazine!

17. Robisan macrumors 6502

No, it will be just fine. The only difference is you will have to manually reload the permanently attached clip/magazine instead of being able to swap in a pre-loaded clip/magazine. I'm not going to cry tears because people will have to spend a couple of minutes reloading before they can re-fire their detachable death penis.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The thread title is misleading. I thought it said they were coming for every gun ever made. No it just appears they want to tone down the murder machines.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

If retired and active cops were held to the same standards things might not Be such an issue. But even retired cops who are no different than a retired plumber are exempt, rules for thee but not for me

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Retired cops were trained in how to use weapons. Like real training. And how many retired cops go around with AR-15's

21. zin macrumors 6502

Serving officers I can understand and I think exemptions in those cases are justifiable.

But retired police officers? I'd love to read the reasoning behind that.

22. jkcerda, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016

jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

They are excempt on ALL firearms for PERSONAL use, not just ARs, I have a DD214 & have beaten plenty of cops at the range. What other excuse do you wish to make?

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/17/opinion/sunday/some-inconvenient-gun-facts-for-liberals.html?_r=0
    in simple terms you might understand, liberals are to blame for the not one more inch mentality.

24. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Rex84?

Wow, spoken like a true statist. :(

25. steve knight Suspended

steve knight