Democrats forced into weird vote

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, May 31, 2011.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Personally, I think this is a good political move, but it could bite them in the butt. We shall see. What do you all think?

2. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Oh gee, I wonder why it won't pass... by design? Sigh...

I wonder if any republican will step up to the challenge and defend this JOKE....

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

How petty.

Sounds like the Democrats are the ones who want to play politics. How sad.
    Anything Congress does will spook the market and investors. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Democrats wanted a vote and they got it! Yet since it's not offered sincerely some will vote against it? Are they mad?

4. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

An up or down 2/3 vote? In a chamber where the right-wing nutbags have over 50% of the votes? With limited debate? I don't think so.

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Well you know for a fact that it is not sincere offer. The Speakers knows it will never past and the GOP will not vote for it. I bet you will not get a single GOP to vote for it and there will be some dems who vote against it but I can promise you none of the GOP will vote for the bill.

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

7. thefnshow macrumors regular

when the dems were in charge of the house and did stuff like this were you complaining ? them dems rammed the debt up to the ceiling and now magically we have to do something about it ? how about not spending money on crap we don't need

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How did the "dems rammed the debt up to the ceiling"?

9. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

If this doesn't get finished by August when they run out of financial tricks all Hell will break loose.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Because starting two wars, and all the rest of Bush's spending was the democrats fault. :rolleyes:

11. thefnshow macrumors regular

obama campaigned on the fiscal irresponsibility of bush and repubs...so what does he do...control spending ? no he spends more than all other presidents combined and then has the nerve to say we have to raise the ceiling a second time in his 2 1/2 years as president without spending cuts...no ...they couldn't be bothered to come up with a budget for two years which they are constitutionally bound to due

12. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

They are all a bunch of morons. They need to figure out how to work together and be sensible about things instead of just siding with the party. Both groups are set to really screw this country up even more.

13. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Oh really? Bush spent nearly $20B in 8 years, Obama hasn't spent half or even a quarter (around $3.5B to be exact) in nearly 2.5 years. So Obama hasn't even spent as much as his predecessor (in less time granted, but observe the preposterousness of the bolded quotation), much less the previous 43 Presidents who came before him (Reagan, anyone?).

14. thefnshow macrumors regular

obama has spent 5.2 trillion to this point in time...try again

15. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

This is America, use the short scale damnit

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

damn those pesky facts screwing over the Conservative entire argument.

17. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Source?

And even if it is $5.2T, comparing Bush to Obama (in average spending per month in office), Bush still spent more. Sorry, try again. Your argument sucks.

18. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

What, there are no left-wing nutbags to fix this?

Huffington Post. Laughable.

And "O" changed all that. Oh, wait a minute....

You first.

Your going to have to prove that. "O" is the most profligate pres ever.

19. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Really that is your argument.

Proof the GOP was never serous about the vote is the fact that not a SINGLE GOP voted for it but they forced the bill to come up. There is no getting around that argument.
    You are grasphing at straws and I see you are not wanting to debting this at all. Debt limit vote should NEVER be a seperate issue. If anything it should be attach the the budget every year instead of having to go threw yet around pissing match.

GOP are showing time and time again they do not care about the people of this country.
    You could also go digging threw reports that the House was telling the markets not to take the vote seriously and the fact that it took place after it closed shows more that that this was a joke bill.

20. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Try again with a link, otherwise I'll have to think your just trying to troll.

He's done better than Bush, we're at least drawing down in Iraq, and we actually have a time we are planning to start drawing down in Afghanistan. Obama definitely isn't anywhere close to perfect, but he's much better than anything the republicans have offered us.

21. Janet1 macrumors member

I don't think they're morons, because morons don't have a clue. These guys know exactly what they're doing and I think both parties are downright psychotic.

They both just want to win and don't really care if they destroy the entire country in the process.

My personal opinion, of course.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I pretty much agree. We are so ****ing polarized as a country, we do nothing until we're in crisis mode. We all know that's the best time to make mega-decisions. :rolleyes:

23. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

yep. Yet another example of why the 2 party system sucks. The parties really stand for nothing. I would rather have a system like Europe were we vote for a party and the parties stand for something. This winner take all system in the US makes our votes stand for relativelly little as they screw the districts to make sure their parties gets the win and the other one is weakened or vote split up to much to have a chance of winning.

24. thefnshow macrumors regular

this was dated in February of this year...at this point in time it says 3.5 trillion bush did 4.9 trillion in 8 years,obama's at 5.2-6 trillion in six months...talk about being an overachiever :D