Democrats on Hillary: untrustworthy, thin-skinned, scripted, and Americans just don't like her

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, May 16, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

A brutal take down of the worst candidate in American history. No wonder the Clinton camp is freaking out. The DNC must be taking a realistic assessment on Hillary's chances of winning and seeing that Bernie has a much better chance at winning in November.

#NeverHillary
    #DropOutHillary
    #BernieOrBust
    #FeelTheBern

[​IMG]

2. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I don't like Hillary... in fact, I really detest her.

But really. Yet another thread on people not liking her. It's kind of silly at this point.

Enough already.

3. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

FeeltheBern-ers will still vote for her in November. It's all talk.

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I dislike hillary for the reasons mentioned above, but I don't think thin-skinned fits her. If anything, the thickness (or lack thereof) of trump's skin can only be detected with a scanning electron microscope.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So both candidates are considered to be thin skinned and untrustworthy...

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Expect more crap like this as the media does whatever it can to make this look like a competitive race. They'll prop up Trump because all they give a **** about is eyeballs and clicks.

7. bent christian, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

The decades-long pathological obsession over the Clintons by Right-wingers is so sad. You don't know how pathetic you all look. Find some self-awareness.

By nominating Donald Trump, the Republican party has made it clear they have no interest in the presidency. I am a Sanders supporter, 100%, but will vote for Hillary Clinton if she is the Democratic nominee. Absolutely. As bad a candidate as she is, there is just no comparing her to Donald Trump. That's how devolved the Republican party has become. Drooling from the mouth and knuckles dragging the floor, in 2016, the party can't find a single person to beat the worst Democratic candidate possible.

Trump taps Ben Carson to help choose his VP, which consists of all the other failed Republican candidates, a very confused Chis Christie, and Sarah Palin. Mind: BLOWN.

There could hardly be a more perfect storm, ensuring a Democratic win.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You might have an argument about Clinton being the worst candidate in recent history if the other side wasn't going with Trump.

9. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

I wrote that she is the worst Democratic candidate possible.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

She asked Bernie to find it down. Yes she is thin skinned when she can't handle things

11. bent christian, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

I would not say Hillary Clinton is particularly thin-skinned.

She and her husband have been publicly slandered and lied about for decades by Right-wing media. More than any two political figures I can think of. She is still standing and running for president of the United States, knowing the lies and the slander will only get worse. She is a very tough person.

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Bill circa 1992 would be worse.

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

i disagree. that seemed more of a campaign strategy rather than being thin skinned. a thin skinned person would lash out and hurl personal insults

14. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It's a widely used (if somewhat unfortunate) journalistic technique to bury the lede.

Journalists do this (in the internet era) to attract attention. Its also referred to as "click-bait" - as a method for drumming up attention and interest in a story. Not difficult to do, given the number of credulous fools who fall for the trick.

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Technique in the way that lens flare used to be a technical mistake, but now it's become something people add in with special effects.

A j-school professor I know has a small entrenching tool that she occasionally throws on the table to address this issue with students.

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

As much as click-bait is despised, imagine as publisher your job is to attract attention to your author’s works, in competition with the herd that grows everyday. Yesteryear, it was about having the right topic at the right time and ensure your magazine is front and center with the topic clearly stated above the fold. Clearly a black art in retrospect.

17. chown33 macrumors 604

More yellow than black art:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism

18. FieldingMellish Suspended

I see where you're going and I agree. Though I was referring to having authors arrive at compelling stories a week or so in advance of publication, and at which time, it could be very right and sell loads of magazines, or very wrong.

Kind'a sort'a like a disaster movie that's about to come out, but then a real disaster strikes, knocking the film out of schedule, or gone unreleased and straight to video.

19. chown33 macrumors 604

Those would be magazines (generally termed "pulp") that used lurid cover illustrations and sensational(ist) titles and subtitles. The words "forbidden", "shocking", and "true" were well-worn favorites.

20. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

6 months of alternating threads from both sides bashing the others candidates, filled with opposition replies on how pathetic the other side has become. Outstanding!!!!!

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think we need to make sure we don't fall into the mistake of false equivalence.

On the Democratic side, we have a widely-respected former US Senator and Secretary of State. A woman who has spent virtually her entire life in public service of one kind or another. A Yale Law graduate; and a woman with a wealth of both legislative and foreign policy experience. A person who quite literally was in the White House Situation Room when they killed bin Laden.

Versus a vulgar, sadistic, probably psychopathic reality TV star. A twice divorced; twice bankrupt braggart whose campaign highlights consisted of childish insults and race-baiting calls to violence.

Not quite the same thing, no?

I'll grant you that Hillary Clinton has made some questionable judgement calls, most recently the private e-mail server. And she most certainly lacks the personal charisma (for better or worse) of her husband. But she - unlike her likely opponent this fall - doesn't have half of her own party refuting her fundamental moral; intellectual; and temperamental fitness to serve as President.

22. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Except there were 15 others Republican running at the time, and a third Democrat had been in the race as well. At one point, the claim each side was lobbing at the other was entirely true, with no false equivalency.

Unlike the GOP, what a person does in their personal lives is their business - maybe those who know he's divorced know all the underlying details - like verbal or emotional abuse, unethical overt golddigging, etc? Or maybe they don't.

The bankruptcy stuff - again, what are the underlying details? It's not always due to irresponsibility, or who defines that word, but to numerous other factors that can be out of one's ability to control. The corporate world is chaotic to begin with, business - for decades - sees nothing wrong with bankruptcy despite our holding double standards to individuals. Why doesn't society have a full discussion? And, yes, Trump's anger and commentary could be due to catharsis and blowing off steam, especially if sufficiently provoked. I doubt anyone can say other candidates never blew up in anyone's face out of angst. Yes, in some ways he can go over the top so he would need advisers and handlers - you know, just like how every politician has for their cabinets. In some ways he uses persuasion, a soft skill, which is needed in that type of job as well. "Two sides of the same coin" sums it up very quickly.
    --- Post Merged, May 16, 2016 ---
    Stats are based on assumptions. Nobody knows how the vote will turn out. Many Bernie voters openly refuse to vote for anyone else and have said they will write in his name.

Especially when Bernie himself has not fully said or hinted at what would happen or who he would recommend to endorse if/when he finally drops out of the race. Too many variables. Again, assumptions are pointless at this time.

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

The world at large is even more chaotic. But unlike in the business world, you can't just file bankruptcy to dodge the problems.
    --- Post Merged, May 16, 2016 ---
    Such over the top headlines are always so ridiculous and only serve to discredit the author rather then the subject. I sincerely doubt you could even name each and every candidate in American history, much less know their records.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

So you are saying that Trump's personal and business life is off-limits as far as his qualifications to be President?

Fine then.

Which leaves us with his public statements and behavior during the Campaign: Which have consisted of a mixture of lies; nonsense; bigotry and insults.

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

She might be a robot. Trump is going to make her blow a fuse.