Democrats-SO MUCH WINNING

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, May 14, 2018.

1. darksithpro, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018

darksithpro macrumors 6502a

IMO this is really going to hurt the party long term, considering the bipartisan support Congress has for Israel. No congressional Democrat attended the opening of the Jerusalem embassy. The Israelis will see this as a snub, a form of betrayal from the Democratic party.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-jerusalem-gop-senators-slam-democrats-for-skipping-embassy-opening/

South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham said he personally invited some Democrats to join the delegation, but indicated that none heeded his call. He also expressed disappointment over the fact that merely “a handful” Republicans traveled to Jerusalem to mark the embassy opening.

“I would just assume that the Republicans who didn’t come had [scheduling] conflicts,” he told reporters at a press conference in the capital’s King David Hotel. “But I am disappointed that not one Democrat came. What does that say? It’s not for me to tell you what that says. It hurts me. Because I work across the aisle on a regular basis. I think it was a mistake, because there’s too much going on in this region.”

[​IMG]

2. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Avoiding the specter of these ghouls laughing and celebrating while dozens of people were being killed by Israeli soldiers less than 50 miles away was the smart move.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

^ What he said. Sounds like even most Republicans were smart enough to stay away.

4. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I think you’re conflating “support for Israel” with “support for Trumps decision to move the embassy”. They’re not the same.

Wait...so the Republicans who didn’t go get the benefit of the doubt...they were just busy...

But the democrats who didn’t go, well, they’re just disappointing...

This is like basic-level partisan hackery right here.

5. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

I applaud any representative and government employee who refused to attend that crap show. They showed they actually have some moral convictions and a spine, unlike Lyndsey Graham. The entire thing was a debacle. Gonna have a prayer for it, so they invited an anti-Semite and religious bigot preacher to give the invocation. Way to go, Donnie. The embassy should never have been moved from Tel-Aviv. It only served the agenda of the evangelicals and the Netanyahu clique and further destabilised the political situation in the region. There's a damned good reason that previous administrations didn't do it. They were all smarter than Donnie Dumbass.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Yep.

Maybe Dems will pay for it, but they should avoid getting strong-armed into following the Dear Leader into hell just to avoid appearing anti-Israel.

It was a shambolic, symbolic move to shift the embassy from Tel Aviv. And, going there to listen to "pastor" Robert Jeffress and televangelist Rev. John C. Hagee was a waste of jet fuel.

7. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

It won't matter. 70%+ of Jews in America will still vote democrat like always.

8. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Well, consider not only some fundamentally liberal beliefs that move within the American Jewish community, the right likes the pretend it cares about Israel, but increasingly it's only because fundamentalist Christians see the country as a precursor to the second coming of Jesus.

For instance, Jeffress, the "pastor" claims to be a supporter of Israel, but also said in 2010, "You can’t be saved being a Jew. You know who said that, by the way? The three greatest Jews in the New Testament: Peter, Paul and Jesus Christ. They all said Judaism won’t do it. It’s faith in Jesus Christ."

In a 2008 sermon, he said: "Not only do religions like Mormonism, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism — not only do they lead people away from the true God, they lead people to an eternity of separation from God in hell. Hell is going to be filled with good religious people who have rejected the truth of Christ."

Note, Jeffress also claimed Mormonism is a cult in an attack aimed at Mitt Romney.

Meanwhile, Hagee claimed in 1990s that Hitler and the Holocaust was part of God's plan to send Jews back to Israel:

"How did it happen? Because God allowed it to happen. Why did it happen? Because God said my top priority for the Jewish people is to get them to come back to the land of Israel."

Not to mention ghouls like Richard Spencer and Arthur Jones are all part of the right, and it stands to reason that an American Jew might be unmoved by some showy nonsense like moving the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv.

9. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

10. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Doig stupid things gets people killed. Hey they don't care so why should we.

11. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Who are “they” and “we?”

12. samcraig macrumors P6

You're trying awfully hard. :)

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

It is sad. Its also sad that these people are pawns to Hamas' militants. What is it just a big coincidence that there are thousands of males between the ages of 17-35 (give or take) throwing rocks and trying to Zerg Rush the Israel boarder on the very day that the Embassy was moved to Jerusalem?

Have you ever stormed an international border or tried to rush a customs check point? No? Because you know that you would get arrested or shot.

Hamas in the Gaza Strip wants the activity to be seen in the international media as a popular uprising, and not as violent action led by its militants.

You are being fed a narrative and you are swallowing.

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It can be both. A militant group doesn't get that many people to join a semi-violent demonstration (throwing rocks and setting tires on fire against snipers shooting people from a safe distance -- yeah, there is violence on both sides!) unless you have a large number of people who are oppressed and fed up with being for all practical purposes imprisoned in a small strip of land.

15. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

One must also rationally ask what where the Israelis supposed to do when thousands of Palestinians rush their border fence? Do you just let them run in?

16. raqball macrumors 68000

I spent a year in Israel and the Israeli's are not the problem........ I base my comments off what I saw while there and not on what CNN or MSNBC tells me to think...

My .02

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Probably just looking for hugs anyways right?

18. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

The MSM is like they're suffering, closed off from the rest of the world. Well yea! Usually that happens after you have two intifadas. If you keep revolting and attacking a specific group of people, eventually they're going to build fences and walls around you.
    --- Post Merged, May 14, 2018 ---
    Oh, absolutely!

19. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

It just goes to show Democrats only care about pushing their agenda and NOT actual values or morals of the people.

20. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Orange Nixon will be remembered for being the president dumb enough to go with through with this because he doesn't know what he's doing.

Maybe his dumb foreign policy decisions are a way of getting attention away from the other stuff.... I guess he figures if there's going to be negative news, he's going to control what it is.

21. 0007776 Suspended

Did you actually go into any of the Palestinian areas during that year and talk to Palestinians? Or did you stay in Israel and listen to what they told you?
    --- Post Merged, May 14, 2018 ---
    If you keep forcing people from their homes and denying them basic human rights they tend to revolt and attack you. Neither side is completely innocent, but the Israelis have a lot more power over the situation than the Palestinians.

22. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

Or, perhaps you don't know what you're talking about. Trump's decision to move the embassy is a smart and strategic move.

23. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Everything else has been tried and failed, NOTHING has worked. Honestly at this point, why not?

24. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Some things don't need to be tried because it's obvious they won't work. Like if someone suggested pouring gasoline over a fire in order to put it out, you wouldn't say, why not, let's try that.

25. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Well, perhaps if the Palestinians invested as much energy into developing themselves economically and socially as they do blowing up Israeli civilians they wouldn’t have this problem.