Demonstration of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by iGav, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Saw it. It sure looks nice.

*Prepares to be flamed* Thing with GT is now, they have to come up with something new. Forza 2 has the graphics and the game play that GT does, but it also has the kick ass car modification. Just looking good and racing well isn't enough anymore. Especially considering by the time this GT is coming out, Forza 3 should just about be ready.

Saying all that, I've only seen a couple of pics and a vid, not read anything, so I may be miss informed.

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

At least you prepared yourself. Forza is not a real racing sim, calling it a Arcade racer with minimal "Sim" is more accurate, its for 14 year olds that think they know what a car is and how to tune it. Forza lacks the detail that GT puts in to how the cars get tuned, it lacks the graphics and the physics that GT has, and well its very lacking as a "SIM" which is what GT really is at the end of the day.

You will find most gearheads and wrenches go directly for the GT series, there is a reason for that ;)

Ed

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Forza 3 will be ready by the summer?

I've always thought that GT appeals to a different audience than Forza does, a more hardcore racing sim audience. Forza is a much more arcade-y "lets rice the hell outta my pimp ride" kinda game.

4. Symtex macrumors 6502a

I will have to disagree with you. Unfortunately the most "Sim" game on the market right is not Forza or GT, it's GTR2. Unfortunatly I don't think Playstation game are really ready to accept a fully sim game. GT is far from being the most accurate SIM.

The best racing sim would be the tire physic/Paint Job customization/Online implementation of Forza, Mixed with the Graphics/Car models of GT and the racing physics of GTR2. Now that would be the perfect racing sim.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ah! GTR2, I've been trying to remember that name for a while. Yup. Most realistic race sim there, sorry everyone.

6. Mxsix macrumors member

Mxsix

I'd have to say I'm extremely excited for this next release. Ever since Gran Turismo 3, I've been hooked. I haven't found another racing game that compares in detail to it. Now on HD, it's going to be amazing.

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

GTR2 ~i~ :)

GT4 on the PS2 is a great game though, especially for a console. I look forward to the new one. It's one of the few PS3 games I want and will be enough to get me to finally make the plunge and buy one.

<]=)

8. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm having trouble watching that video. is anyone else having trouble?

9. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

For me it was Gran Turismo 3 that put me off the series.

I just became tired of the same structure of get licence, buy car, upgrade car, buy new car, etc. Ho-hum.

10. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Looks really nice, I loved GT3 and GT4, but the licenses got a little annoying after a while. Forza is a great racing simulator, I wouldn't call it an arcade game; you can do almost as much if not the same amount of engine/transmission/tire/other upgrades and tweaks as in GT, and with the paint editor and pretty good online, I would put it ahead of GT. But of course, we won't know which one is better until it actually comes out, but I'll stick with forza 2 :D

11. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Saying Forza was an Arcade Sim is right, but only Forza 1. Forza 2 is a much different game. For me anyway, Forza 2 is just as good a Racing Sim than GT. Yes you can 'Pimp' your car, but you don't have to. It has all the same engine and setup modification than GT then just a little more in the looks. I think the Arcade Racer on the 360 is of course PGR, which isnt exactly shabby its self, but thats beside the point.

I completely agree that people would just go for GT, but is that not because of the name? I without doubt believe that GT1, 2, 3 and 4 we're the best Racing Sims out there (Hell, I bought a PS2 and the only games I own are GT3 and 4.) but I think Forza is better at the moment and we'll just have to wait and see what GT5 brings. It's sure to be nice.

Saying that all about Forza mind, if they brought out GT5 on the 360 (Yes, I know thats not going to happen) and I had to choose one of the other, I'd go for GT everytime. ;)

12. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Actually, I eagerly await Gran Tourismo 5. I saw the trailers and developer interviews at gametrailers.com and I can't believe how good those shaders are!

As for Forza vs Gran tourismo... Gran tourismo had always the best physics engine. And the detail at upgrades is awesome.