Dems and Progressives Protecting Women?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by maxsix, Oct 28, 2015.

1. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Obama quote:

"We have to stand up for these issues when it's tough, and that's what I've done. I did it when I was in the state legislature, sponsoring the Illinois version of the DREAM Act, so that children who were brought here through no fault of their own are able to go to college, because we actually want well-educated kids in our country who are able to succeed and become part of this economy and part of the American dream."

The above warm and fuzzy fabricated story, is met by the ugly truth as a _TWO Year Old Child_ watches her Mother getting Kidnapped, then Raped and Brutalized for over 24 hours by one who was welcomed in ...

The true story:
    “A previously deported illegal alien from Honduras re-entered the U.S. and then kidnapped and raped a Missouri woman at knife-point in the presence of her 2-year-old infant, according to the federal authorities. The Honduran was illegally in the U.S. until he was deported for domestic violence. He then re-entered the U.S. illegally again, was caught, then deported once again. He re-entered for a third time and made his way to Missouri where he allegedly kidnapped and raped the woman repeatedly over at least 24 hours.”

Seems like the Democrats and Progressives are a bizarre group.

http://www.latintimes.com/10-obama-quotes-immigration-reform-celebrate-his-birthday-197421

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-kidnapped-and-raped-missouri-woman-says-fbi/

2. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

My border catapult idea would have solved this issue, second illegal entry and you get sent back in style.

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

What is the point of this thread? Obama said something about children being brought here getting to go to college (which apparently is some sort of fabrication), and that somehow correlates to a twice-deported criminal who committed a violent crime?
    Glad you got it in. Breitbart isn't exactly objective journalism...more just a repository for right-wing paranoia.

5. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Cool. When you start saying the same about your pals here linking addictinginfo and mother jones maybe someone will take you seriously.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Isn't it possible that both could be true?

Couldn't it be true that the "Illinois version of the DREAM Act" did protect some children "here through no fault of their own" AND a Honduras man thrice here illegally, "kidnapped and raped the woman repeatedly over at least 24 hours"?

I think it's quite possible for both of those to be true. Which means the situation is complex. Some good happens, AND some bad happens.

Liberals are bizarre. We understand complexity.

7. samiwas macrumors 65816

Aww, thanks, pooches. Have you seen me cheering on those sources, or using them? Not likely.

That being said, there's a difference between right-leaning and left-leaning sources, and straight up screamo-propaganda meant to rile up the unintelligent masses.

8. samiwas macrumors 65816

Wait, you mean everything isn't black and white? Everything Southern Dad told me was wrong!!

9. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

Yawn. The whole concept of putting people into "Liberal" or "Conservative" buckets is tiring, but this practice of picking out isolated incidents to demonstrate the values of a larger movement is even more ridiculous.

As a person that most would call a bleeding heart liberal, I protect the women in my life at the ballot. I vote for their right to choose, for income & work equality, etc. This I do repeatedly.

As a Father and husband, I protect the women nearest to me with the tools that my constitution allows for. As it's getting cooler out, I can occasionally switch from a single stack to a double stack 9, because double-stacks look and feel goofy, when you're wearing shorts.

But go ahead and use isolated incidents to condemn large buckets of humanity. Again, yawn.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I agree. There's plenty to talk about when it comes to the positives and negatives of illegal immigration. We should be able to share differences without resorting to ad hom partisanship. However, that isn't the style some people prefer here. I'm optimistic that things could change, and real intellectual exchanges can take place, so I keep trying.

11. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Guess I struck a nerve.

12. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Well, I'll grant you that.

13. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    All conservatives are knuckle dragging peabrains who out to destroy our country and everything it stands for!

Did that make you angry? Were you about to leap up, and give me a scathing retort to my obviously ignorant statement?

:jazz hands: GUESS I STRUCK A NERVE OLOL!

Now before you reply with something like "it didn't bother me at all. I just laughed and rolled my eyes", think of it like this. If I didn't add anything in beyond the first sentence, you would've responded with a bit of upset ire aimed in my general direction. You know it's true. I know it's true. Let's not try to deny it.

Fact is, the whole "guess I struck a nerve" response is pretty much a cop out. It's an easy way to make yourself look good without having to put any real effort to refute what you're replying to.

So next time you feel like saying that, stop for a second, and think. It ain't doing you no favors.

14. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

I dnt drag my knuckles :nono:
    Wait, what do you think the country stands for?
    :nut kick:

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

come on now you know you drag so much you never have to trim your nails. admit it.

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

You mean television?

17. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Those are two very interesting points that you make, but I for one don’t see the connection.:confused:

Because IMO by your logic, the US military bombed a hospital in Afghanistan, a war crime, so all US military personal are war criminals.

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

Yes, all television is exactly the same. The guy reading the news, even with a little twist, is the exact same as the guy practically foaming at the mouth screaming about how illegals are coming to kill you and how paying a janitor $10 an hour will destroy the very fabric of our nation.

19. maxsix thread starter Suspended

maxsix

Oh my, I would have never guessed my post would be interpreted as it has. That's not at all the thought I had. Obviously I didn't convey my frame of mind.

Instead my issue is the way POTUS has welcomed and continues to bring in vast numbers of largely _male_ criminal illegals like this person (I refuse to call him a man) that raped this lady in front of her child. The numbers are staggering and growing daily. On camera he paints a warm fuzzy picture of helping families enter the USA to build a new responsible life, get educated and participate in society. When the truth is the faster he brings in people criminal or not, the bigger the liberal voter base becomes to insure Democratic dominance.

The particularly egregious act of the moment is the lie that it's responsible non criminal minded families that are the predominant group currently arriving. Local reporters, say that in order to get pictures of families , they've waited hours witnessing lines of boats filled with all males, before a single family was seen. Many of the males are already criminals like the man in the story. The males that aren't criminals will be used by CEO's like Zukerberg to replace American workers as is already the case at Disneyworld in Florida.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This is a straw man.

Please cite them. Thank you.

21. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

nah, just those at the top :D

22. Happybunny, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015

Happybunny macrumors 68000

IMO that doesn't really help are you saying that illegal immigration only started under Obama?

As to crimes committed by illegal immigrants, please remember 19 legal immigrants with visa's, on a clear September day and changed America for ever.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Only the black man in the White House has allowed bad people into the country.

24. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

So which of the above issues actually bothers you more? Because they seem to be two completely unrelated issues. I'm guessing the latter bothers you more and you're using the former to drum up fear in your base (a la Trump) in hopes of preventing the latter from occurring.

25. Meister Suspended

Meister

the "news" ... "a little twist" ... :p :D :eek: o_O