Dem's attempted treason thwarted by Trump's decisive leadership

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jerwin, Feb 9, 2018.

1. jerwin macrumors 68020

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Lol. Great neutral thread title.

Also.... lol @ “treason”.

3. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Right! Treason!!! You guys are literally hysterical. Maybe it was blocked because he didn’t like what was in it. You are so easily duped.

4. 0007776 Suspended

Lol, if anyone is committing treason it is Trump. He is an idiot to block this. If it turns out to be nothing then he played right into the Democrats hands and made himself look guilty and like he is trying to hide something for nothing. If there is something to it blocking the release of information designed to show how the GOP was lying is just another piece of evidence pointing to obstruction of justice.

5. jerwin thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks! I do try.

More details

Trump Blocks Release of Memo Rebutting Republican Claims

6. TiggrToo macrumors 6502a

TiggrToo

And who here didn't see this coming...?

Still, on the plus side, the Democrats should be able to use this against him now.

Trump is so shortsighted that he's clueless to understand that this very move does nothing to prevent he Democrats from attacking him on this issue, in fact, if anything, will almost certainly place him at a medium term disadvantage. It's what happens when you put a petulant man child inside Washington - the man child will eventually been eaten up alive by the Washington political machine. Not now perhaps, but his days are most seriously numbered.

Triply so if the current Democratic wave results in the loss of one or both houses come this November - if that happens then the vipers will turn on him faster than you can say 'bigly'

7. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

Meanwhile, in the world outside of the Trumpcult.....

Money-laundering serial fraudster accused rapist and sex offender Donald J. Trump has lost ANOTHER member of his staff, this time for wife beating. Good job he only hires the best people isn't it?

8. TiggrToo macrumors 6502a

TiggrToo

And aren't we all so happy he drained the swamp...?

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Wait..what were all those blacked out parts in the repugnant memo

10. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

But you were okay with Trump releasing the GOP memo after the FBI and Justice Dept. warned him not to?

Also, I see you have picked up on your hero's loose use of the word treason, another step in the further degradation of the office of president.

11. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I want “treason” added to the list of overused words of 2018. The term has been used by both sides completely misunderstanding what the term actually means legally speaking.

12. jerwin thread starter macrumors 68020

umm, would getting an avatar help?

13. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Treason is a bit over the top. But I'm not surprised they didn't redact or remove classified information, in fact I was expecting it. Either by pure stupidity or on purpose, just to say Trump would block it.

14. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

I am amazed at what this guy get's away with. Withholds the democrat memo because it's too secretive? I knew he was going to do this. I'll bet what we finally see it, it will be so redacted and watered down, that it will be less than a page when it comes out. Where is the outrage from the Democrats in Congress?

It is pretty obvious what he is doing, yet at this point he can do just about whatever he wants. His base will support him no matter what he does. The constitution is getting trashed as we speak, and we are writing checks that no one can pay for.

I am really beginning to think at this point he really could shoot someone in public and get away with it. His base will tolerate just about anything to support this dictator. Shameful.

15. jerwin thread starter macrumors 68020

The stage is set for an enormous fight, if Congress is willing...

https://www.justsecurity.org/52081/hpsci-trump-release-minority-memo/

16. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

So far the Democrats big stand on anything lately was for someone to give a speech for eight hours in heels...

I dont think the Democrats have any will whatsoever to oppose Trump. They talk until they land on his radar and then they cave. Even the Republicans are going along with just about any crazy thing he wants to do.

I really think Trump has Congress running scared. He has proved he will publicly attack anyone, and shame them. Politicians are so worried about image and reelection, they try to steer clear of the Trump Wrath.

No will in Washington at all to take a stand. where is the immigration debate the Democrats were promised last month?

I heard someone say today, that the only time Congress acts in a bipartisan manner is when they are spending money.

17. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

sitting on a beach watching a DC simulation ...
    So....
    Release it
    Redact it
    Send it back for adjustments
    Send it back and they have a Secret Session to over-ride the President and release it
    Send it back and it let it die

Now we know it went back .... Next? (Besides the myriad motley messaging headlines)

While I would like to see it, if it has stuff that shouldn't be there ...

18. TiggrToo, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018

TiggrToo macrumors 6502a

TiggrToo

And you know this just how?

The Nunes 'memo' had classified stuff that probably shouldn't have been released, but Trump declassified it anyway.

What's almost guaranteed to be closer to the truth is that the rebuttal totally destroys the Nunes hatchet job and removes Trumps argument that Nunes somehow exonerates him.

Sadly, we'll probably not know the truth for sometime. When only one side controls the release of information what you invariably get are abject bald faced lies at worst, an almost infinite stretching of the truth at best.

19. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

They won't do anything no matter what the memos say..just like the Hillary emails..

20. jerwin thread starter macrumors 68020

21. vvswarup macrumors 6502a

Tell me about it. I think we ought to be very thankful that the Framers defined treason in the Constitution itself or we would be seeing a lot worse than overuse of the word treason. The Framers intended to make the definition of treason and the requirements to prove it absolutely clear and that too define it in the Constitution in order to prevent people like the man we have in the White House from being able to define treason to suit their interests and use it as a weapon against opponents.

Treason is one of the most serious crimes. Few people in American history have been charged with it much less convicted for it. The reason is because the acts that constitute treason are so narrowly defined in the Constitution.

22. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Please reread his post. This time note the tongue planted firmly in cheek.

23. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Oh...I guess I've come to expect almost anything from Trumpsters in PRSI. Maybe it would have helped if a ;) was included.

24. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

sitting on a beach watching a DC simulation ...
    You are being obstinate and argumentative. Walk it through. But you won’t.
    Ask yourself the reverse.
    We do not know and have to rely on the people who have seen this. In this situation there is no “win”.
    It’s just politics.