Dems call for violence

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by tshrimp, Oct 11, 2018.

1. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Great. They're still fuming over the Hillary loss. It'll never end.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

This is written as though no Democrat ever had his life threatened. Dare we recall the Democratic presidents who were assassinated?

4. tshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

tshrimp

This is more of an article dealing with the present state. Yes, both Republican and Democratic presidents have been assassinated. But when you see the democratic leaders calling for this...that is not acceptable.

5. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Our country could use another proper revolution. But on The Hill, among useless politicians. Let them duke it out with pitch forks and axes.

Our country and it’s people are suffering, while they collect paychecks for not doing their jobs.

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I believe a lot of it is being purposely misinterpreted. But that's just my opinion.

7. tshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I am not sure it will. Instead of being civil and changing things at the voters booth, they do anything they can to get their way....even if it calls for violence.

8. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

It's an op ed piece from Scalise, who decided it was his turn to run with the hyperbole.

Such as his take on Holder's comments, which he conveniently ignores what Holder later clarified in the same speech.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/410801-eric-holder-when-republicans-go-low-we-kick-them

Hey, points though for not letting his life being endangered go to partisan waste. Way to ratchet up. Wonder if he still remembers who saved his life? Because goodness knows Scalise wasn't a fan of one of the officer's lifestyles who saved his life. She violent too?

9. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Apparently Holder clarified in his speech that he wasn’t advocating for anyone to do anything inappropriate or illegal. Not sure how one defines inappropriate though. And Michelle Obama disavowed his comments this morning. I wonder how many Dems will follow her lead?

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And I wonder how many Trump supporters and conservatives here seem to forget how their man advocated for violence and even offered to pay the person's legal fees for it, let alone implied that he would shoot someone himself and people would still vote for him.

To complain about this is duplicitous and reeks of double standards, let alone shows the lack of looking at themselves while accusing others of the same thing their side also called to do.

BL.

11. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I see the daily outrage memo has circulated the right wing echo chamber.

It’s funny to scan the politics section of Reddit in the morning and see how quickly the crazy headlines start trickling out of the media apparatus and eventually trickle into PRSI.

You guys know that people paying attention to the dissemination of propaganda can see it plainly right? That goes for both parties.

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Both sides need to take the burr out of their saddles and stop being so extreme. Unless we all do this, we'll hand the US over to a bunch a extremist nutters who seem to enjoy violence.

A good start would be to change the title of this thread. The Democratic party has not called for violence, nor is there any indication that a substantial number of Democrats support violence. It's not as though Democrats are mowing down helpless unarmed women with cars. It's abhorrent that any Democrat or Republican would call for violence, or engage in it, and condemnation of violence should be universal among all leaders of both parties.

13. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

You think we live in a democracy despite countless red flags that we don't. That's adorably ignorant.

14. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Or shooting Republicans at baseball games.

15. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I would suggest it's far too late for the bolded.

16. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Trying to equate what Holder said to random, anonymous lowlifes making these threats is pretty weak. Does he think there is any sort of equivalency between Melania Trump saying that Trump should "punch back" at his critics and anonymous threats against Christine Blasy Ford and others?

17. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I think it’s a pointless exercise to point out hypocrisy when the arguments being pushed against aren’t made in good faith to begin with.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

There's at least one person in this thread who wishes death upon Democrat(s).

19. Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

What you stated is a little out of context, but here's a movie quote from the movie "Hoosiers" that gets the point I'm trying to say -
    "Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb, uh... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with."

Trump was referring to protestors at his campaign rallies and before anyone gets on my case "No, Trump shouldn't had done that either". He should had taken the high road and acted more Presidential, but when has anyone known Trump to act Presidential? ;) Trump wasn't saying to go out and cause havoc towards Liberals. Liberals hide under the 1st Amendment, saying it would violate the right to "Freedom of Speech" if they couldn't call out someone while they are trying to have a peaceful dinner or enjoy a movie at a theatre. That to me isn't right even if "legally" they can get away with it, for whatever happened to being civilized towards each other? Just my opinion

20. tshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Nope...I think we live in a republic, but that is here nor there. But yes, I think if you don't like something you change it by going to vote, and get people in office who support your way of doing things. This violent uprising is not the way a civilized nation should be doing things.

21. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

These are leftists talking over the democrat party. We all should be condemning this.

22. tshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Let's hope most. That was a great first step for the dems.

23. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Sorry. But this is all part of the FUD strategy being put about by Fox News and the Republicans.

No: Don't think about the part where Trump is steaming the world economy into a massive trade war. Or the fact that he's created another trillion dollar deficit to give billionaires and megacorporations a tax break they didn't need. No, don't think about the fact that Trump has literally made the US the world laughingstock.

No: Get people all riled up with fear that Eric Holder and the nasty Democrats are going to start randomly assaulting middle-class white people. Why? Who knows? Where? Probably at Starbucks or the McDonalds drive-thru.

You know that thread I started about Partisanship. Yeah. This is the sort of divisive nonsense I was talking about.

Because the reality is Democrats or liberals are no more likely to assault anybody. Just as 99.9% of Republicans aren't "Unite The Right" fascists, 99.9% of Democrats aren't violent anti-establishment rioters.

Pay attention to the real issues. Because I'll guarantee you, your about one billion times more likely to be hurt by lack of access to affordable healthcare than you are to feel the toe of Eric Holder's polished brogue up your backside.

24. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Some people hear more clearly with a broken nose, I guess because they lost their sense of smell..

I love pearl clutching it makes me smile

25. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

All our voting has done for the last 4 decades is move almost all the wealth and power to the top and decimated the middle class. You couldn’t ask for more long term evidence that voting is not the answer.