Dept of Ed and ACLU wants transgender student to have unfettered access to girls locker room.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by BoxerGT2.5, Nov 3, 2015.

1. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/03/u...ated-transgender-students-rights-us-says.html

He/she can use the girls bathroom, has been playing on girls sporting teams, can use the locker room and shower if done so behind a curtain. That's not good enough says the ACLU, they want him/her to be able to openly shower with the girls. $100 says none of these people fighting for this "cause" have a 14-17yr old daughter who they would ever have to concern themselves with showering after gym with cock and balls right next to them.

2. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I shudder to think about what "social enlightenment/political correctness" my granddaughter will have to deal with when she gets to high school age. It's bad enough now, and she's only eleven.

3. Happybunny macrumors 68000

My two granddaughters 12yrs and 8yrs adapt just fine, better than adults in most cases.

Sexual issues are less of a problem here in this part of Europe

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Unfortunately

5. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I wasn't necessarily referring to strictly sexual issues... It's the overwhelming (and absurdly repulsive, IMO) political correctness that delves further and further into the ridiculous every day.

6. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I did get that for your post, but children adapt very well to the world, and I beieve that there will be a back swing against much of this PC rubbish which has gone to far.

In the Netherlands PC is not nearly as prevalent as it seems to be in the USA/UK.

7. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Yes girls have never seen any twigs and berries these days they all have virgin eyes.

8. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Let me stray to a different topic for a moment, strictly in response to the thought "... children adapt very well to the world." (My apologies in advance to the OP for possibly derailing this thread)

Many years ago (I'm referring to when I was a child, a pre-teen and then a teen), it was permissible for a child who was not "getting it" in school to be left back to repeat the same grade again. Many years ago (yada yada), it was permissible for one youth sports team to win the championship, and be the only players to earn a trophy. Many years ago (...), it was permissible for a parent to discipline a child even utilizing a slap on the ass if warranted (even teachers were afforded this "right").

In all of those case, children/pre-teens/teens learned that any number of actions/outcomes had consequences. They learned from those consequences how to deal with things not quite going their way... learn from them, act out against them, go to their room and cry about them, etc. The net effect being that as they matured, they had already learned to deal with fate/incompetence/just bad luck/etc., at least to some extent.

Aha! Let's discuss the world (at least the US) today.

None of the things I listed above are permissible today. "We can't infer that Johnny might be a little dense, so we'll promote him anyway. It'll be better for his self esteem". "We can't let the losing teams feel bad about their lack of performance, so we'll give every team trophies for participation". "We can't wreak physical violence upon these defenseless youngsters... in fact we'll encourage them to sue their parents if they don't like their upbringing".

My theory...

Now, as these "protected" children grow up, they have no experience and no idea how to deal with rejection or failure or just bad luck. So when they experience one or more of these situations, they go out, buy a gun, and kill people (rather than crying in their room).

Just my personal view on things, and how it relates to "children adapt very well to the world".

9. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Frankly the prude in me (and also the memory of certain questionable coaches, one of whom was convicted of molesting students) makes me wonder why all students are not given absolute privacy for showers. In any case, I am sure the student and the other girls would come to some sort of mutual accommodation. I am not sure if the student in question has had sex reassignment surgery, but it's not as though the sight of male genitalia is going to scar anybody for life.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Have you seen this Kia commercial? (sorry for the further thread derailment)

11. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I had no idea that it's that bad.

Here in the Netherlands you can be held back in a class if your grades are not good enough, you can even be sent to a lower academic level school. If you are not good enough no amount of BS is going to help.

As to sports it's very much a trophy orientated, even in primary education sports days are for winning.

Even in the play schools here there is a winners mentality, if your in it you must want to win it.

I'm sorry to the OP for carrying on the derailment.

12. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

we used to call it war thats how people got their frustrations out.

13. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

is this 'participant trophy for all' thing for real?

14. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Sadly, it is. And it seems to get worse every day.

This "social enlightenment" and political correctness will eventually succeed in totally destroying the country and environment that I grew up in.

That's why I feel terrible for my granddaughter.

15. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Yes. Totally absurd, isn't it?

16. Happybunny macrumors 68000

We of course start sex education earlier.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/mar/25/sex-education-dutch-children

17. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

yes the world is going to hell in a handbasket. been doing that for as long as humans have ben able to write about it. of course it was better to teach your kid to be a bully treat others that were not like them as inferiors treat women as lesser objects pollute the environment and on and on. we always fear change and are blind to how bad our past was. lets not forget hating gays and anyone that was not christian.

18. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Just out of curiosity, what is your age (or at least a narrow range)?

19. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

52 I think.

20. BoxerGT2.5 thread starter macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Does your 14yr old daughter shower with guys often?

21. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Thanks for your reply.

22. Meister Suspended

Meister

The solution is very simple:

You have a bathroom for folks with a penis and a bathroom for folks with a vagina. Same goes for showers. Hermaphrodites can use both.

La voila.
    Problem solved.

23. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Yet another reason to cite as to why conservatives want liberals out of office.

24. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

you keep thinking transgender people are men in drag. they are not. this is the first problem is a lot of people think they are pedophiles. now what about a female transgender in a boys shower? we always try to only think of men being transgender.

25. BoxerGT2.5 thread starter macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You assume I'd have no problem with a transgender woman in a male locker room, you'd be wrong. I don't view them as pedophiles either. It's not only about the transgender though and we're talking about MINORS. I don't know if he/she is into girls or guys, don't care about that either. So again, how many showers does your 14yr old daughter take with men if it's just a twig and berry?