Design Opinions — U.S. Olympic Team Uniforms

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by citizenzen, Jan 28, 2014.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm just curious what the members think ...

[​IMG]

I actually like them. They're textural, fun, and friendly. I especially like the contrast between the heavy boot, plain white pant and patchwork jacket.

But I know there will be plenty of dissenting opinions.

What are your thoughts?

2. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

They're not the best but I like it. A lot of Olympic uniforms look horrible for 2014... just look at the hockey uniforms, horrid.

3. macaddiict macrumors regular

I think my aunt wears something similar to 4th of July.

No, seriously. She does.

While it looks good on a 75 year old lady, I don't dig it for athletes. What does it say? To me, it is trying to be "authentic" and "vintage", but misses the mark.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

5. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll give you that. It looked a lot better against that white background.

6. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Thanks for asking this question, citizenzen. We could use more productive design talk on MR.

Against all odds, I kind of like them. It is never something I would ever pick out for myself, but for some reason it works to me. I appreciate the patchwork feeling- a collection of a bunch of "differents." I feel that represents the US well.

And I actually really like, and would wear, their closing ceremony coats, pictured here. Those are sharp. I appreciate the contrast here between the opening and closing ceremony unis.

[​IMG]

7. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

I think they're a bit too "busy" there's too much going on...I like the idea of something better than recent stuff, that was too plain, but maybe something in the middle? These just have too much stuff on them In my opinion.

8. firedept, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014

firedept macrumors 603

firedept

One of the comments I commonly hear is they are very busy. I kind of like them, but they are busy. I did a little PS on them to remove the stars on her jacket and the stars and pocket stripes on his jacket. I think they look a bit better, but no less patriotic. They still get the stars and stripes theme across. I like his tamed down one a little better.

Attached Files:

9. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Me too, you just had too much stuff going on.....what do I know, you should see some of the garbage I've tried....I can play music, but drawing and design? Nope:)