Designed for humans [Competitors marketing techniques]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by d0vr, May 3, 2012.

1. d0vr, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012

d0vr macrumors 6502a

Just in case you weren't aware, if you don't have the Samsung GS3, your phone was designed for sheep.

Seriously though, what on earth? The GS3 seems like a reputable device, but they're marketing team needs to be shot in my opinion. Designed for humans, wake up... what's next from Samsung's marketing department?

2. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Yes because it's far worse than "It's the most amazing iPhone yet." :confused:

3. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Umm...did you hear about RIM's "Wake Up" protest?

4. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually, yes, yes it is. Maybe it's just my marketing mind kicking in, but I can very clearly see how "It's the most amazing iPhone yet", even if it is slightly boring, is better than an advertising campaign that is basically saying "oh right, those other devices weren't designed for humans" or " everyone using Apple products are sheep, so come buy from us, a company who will insult you, even before you buy"

5. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

6. nfl46 macrumors 603

There's a thread for S3 discussion. Why the need for another topic? And learn to keep your negative comments to yourself. No one wants to hear that crap.

7. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

Say wha? This thread is about Samsung marketing techniques, specifically their phone related advertising, not the GS3. As Samsung is the biggest competitor to Apple when it comes to smart phones, it seems relevant to post it on this website.

Secondly, my opinions, regardless of whether negative or positive, are perfectly valid. If you don't agree with my view however, feel free to move on to the next thread you see.

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

9. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

"Designed for humans" might be a snide jibe at Samsung recent "sheep" references.

That's what I read into it.

10. cynics macrumors G4

I never liked smear campaigns from any company or even politician. They usually make me want the opposite of what they are advertising. Like the Mac vs PC apple had.

In my eyes they are insulting toward the competitions crowd and embarrassing for the crowd that likes the advertised product.

11. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha, yeh. I'm liking the hypno-toad under that article.

Yes I know it is. I was trying to stay away from the obvious, but apparently I need to be very specific on this forum. :) I edited my OP to reflect the obvious.

12. nfl46 macrumors 603

Cool. I gladly will move on.;)

13. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

You don't live in Australia do you? If you do, you might love the Liberals current campaigns. </sarcasm>

14. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Lol I didn't see that! Some of the funniest comments I've ever read were on Gizmodo.

15. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

My mistake, I missed your post and the fact it was RIM's protest, and I must confess I was just going on the general speculation that it was Samsung. They're advertising department needs to be shot as well then for the same reasons as Samsung's imho.

16. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

It's no different than Samsung's ads mocking people waiting on line for the next iPhone.

17. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    I took "Designed for humans" to refer to the way it's geared towards fulfilling common user needs.

E.g. not turning off if you're looking at the screen. Automatically dialing the visible contact when you put it to your ear. Face zoom. Automatic tagging and sending. Sharing via NFC. Stuff like that.

Very similar to one of my favorite HTC features, which is muting the ring and sending a call to voicemail, if you turn the phone face down as a gesture of disinterest.

I keep saying, a smartphone should know what we want :)

18. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I took it as this as well.

Also Apple took a jab at Microsoft with it's 'Mac vs PC' ads, it shouldn't be surprising that another company does something similar

19. b24pgg macrumors 65816

Says who? Samsung certainly didn't say this.