Designers&Developers – what are you getting?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maxmaut, Sep 9, 2014.

1. maxmaut macrumors regular

I'm doing UI/UX/Design for iOS for living and right now I'm being torn between what to do.

Obviously sticking to 5s is not an option anymore, and obviously in terms of interface and layout 5s, 6 and 6+ are all different.

So which one should I buy? Looks like it would be awesome to have both, but at the moment I can afford only one and need to make a hard decision.

Thoughts?

2. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

6+
    It will account for the aspect ratio of both and will have a little more capability since it is running a slightly different ios8 for iPhones. Basically, it will be more cross compatible.

3. Kukulcan, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

Kukulcan macrumors 6502

I can't believe they didn't go they didn't go the @3x and @4x route.

So the 6 makes more sense as is actually has a new resolution while the 6+ probably use the 4x pixels!? Edit: Damn, 1920x1080 is as stupid as 1334x750, now we have to support 2 completely new resolutions?! Why not 1280x720 for the 6???

I personally will stay with my 5, it has the maximum size I want a phone to have and really nothing the 6 offers makes me want one.

4. maxmaut thread starter macrumors regular

Thing is – there is no such thing as cross-compatibility with all three devices. Scaling apps is something that can be done temporarily before updating them for new screens. So it's either keep all or choose one and scale down. So in this situation 6+ makes the most sense.