Despite the rumours.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glanv, Jul 6, 2008.

1. glanv macrumors regular

Hello everybody!

Despite all the rumours (in the UK), I am still excited about the launch this coming Friday. After a couple of weeks of literally consuming my life with concerns over whether the 16gb will be available on launch I do honestly believe it will be. However, if it isn't then I have come to the conclusion that I will patiently wait until it is available. I am going to have to buy myself out of my T-Mobile contract anyway so it may well be a blessing in disguise!

I think we have all wasted far too much time speculating and also wondering which statements from O2 sales members are facts. At the end of the day, we have waited a few weeks, and for me they have flown by, so another 5 or so days should be a piece of cake!

I am going to consume myself in work this week and try not to think anymore about this until Thursday evening. With that said, I am sure I will have clocked up a good 20hrs of rumour-reading time between then and now!

Cheers everyone and enjoy this last week anticipation! After all, come Friday it will be all over and within a month the iPhone will be just another gadget - albeit the best gadget I will ever have owned!

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Second the enjoyment of this last week :)

Just to note, some of us have waited a few weeks, where a few weeks = ~78 weeks ;) That keynote seems a long way away now!

I think that the iPhone will bed in very quickly, and it'll become taken for granted in a good way, with the focus more on what you can do with it - apps, mobileme, usage alongside a Mac etc. One particular area that hasn't seen the limelight it deserves is the possibilities when people get together and they all have iPhones - the multiplayer games etc could be immense fun!