Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sequence

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
A new Apple Store just opened in Laval at the Carrefour Laval shopping center, near Montreal. I had several issues with my Macbook (Discoloration, weird crackling sound coming from the speakers and weird colors in the corner of my LCD screen). It took about 45 minutes to enter the store ; I saw about 5 security guards at the entrance and the store was literally full. I waited about 15 minutes at the Genius bar and one finally came to me. I explained my problem and within 5 minutes, he was ordering new parts for my laptop (new LCD screen, new top panel and new speakers. He told me that they had almost every parts in stock, except the top casing which they only received a few, for US keyboards ( I needed a Canadian Multilingual). He also told me that he would receive everything missing parts next week and it would only take 5 hours to proceed with the repair.

Also, I received a T-Shirt on which you can see "Carrefour Laval" and the Apple logo.

1/3 of all the staff were from Yorkdale as it's the first "French" Apple Store in Canada and the new staff from Quebec needed some training / help.

The service over there is great, and it has been great to visit that first store in Quebec.

i.Feature

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2005
Montreal, Canada
I was there today as well. Got my t-shirt and tooled around. Not that big a thrill as i've been to many apple stores before. But the staff did seem to be well informed.

Favorite overheard conversation quote:

"This is what everyone was lining up for? Computers? Lets go we don't need to stay we got our t-shirts"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.