Detroit Man Lies About Mother Dying Because of Immigration Ban

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samcraig macrumors P6

Whether you agree with the ban or not, this is sad.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/232856168-story

DETROIT (WJBK) - A local business owner flies to Iraq to bring his mother back home to the US for medical treatment. But under President Trump's ban on immigration and travel from seven predominately Muslim nations, he was forced to leave his family behind.

His mother died just one day after being told she couldn't return to the United States.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The Trump Administration: Who said life was fair? (Not a quote, a vibe.)

3. daflake macrumors 6502a

Would she have made the news if she was allowed in and died? From what I read she was pretty sick and probably shouldn't have been traveling. That being said, I'm not sure I agree with a full ban

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

...and we know she would have survived the 15hr flight and the 2hrs at the airport how? Sounds like his mother wasn't in a state to be traveling and would have possibly caused a medical emergency over the Atlantic.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I want a full ban on EVERYBODY regardless of race, creed, religion, whatever for the next 10 years at lease. So many people came under Obama we will need that decade just to sort it all out. Furthermore, unless this guy was going to pay cash for the mothers entire medical bill she had no business coming in the first place for care. People get sick and die, it's sad but it will happen to all of us. But we can't provide care to anyone who can fly, swim, or walk here and walk into a hospital. We simply can't afford it.

6. webbuzz, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017

webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Sorry that she has died, and I agree with Boxter & daflake regarding her health.

Also from the article.

DETROIT (WJBK) - Questions have been raised about the validity of Mike Hager's claims that his mother died while waiting for approval to come to Michigan. FOX 2 news is working to resolve the questions about Hager's story. We'll update this page with further details.

7. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/03/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

A record number of people were deported from the U.S. during Obama's tenure as President.
    http://www.snopes.com/obama-deported-more-people/

8. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Surprising to see so many negative comments about a woman's death and whether or not she was fit to travel. We might never know - but passing judgement on her or her family is pretty harsh.

10. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

We all know that the number is closer to 30 million. And since these illegal immigrants aren't exactly advertising sho they are it's almost stupid for any of us to claim we know the true number. I also don't see how any sane person can see how Obama signed an EO limiting deportations and say that deportations were highest under his administration. I know he deported more dangerous terrorists from GITMO than any other admin.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

It's OK to question the claim. If the woman died within 24hrs and her son knew she was that sick, she probably wasn't OK to fly in the first place. I mean I don't care who you are or where your from, that's just common sense.

12. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Your source is also trying to verify the claim.

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Not one person here passed judgment on her family, but you see judgment being passed. "

The bias is strong with this one"

Palpatine-1536x864-261271428363.jpg

14. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Really? I read a few comments. Like this one, "Furthermore, unless this guy was going to pay cash for the mothers entire medical bill she had no business coming in the first place for care."

Sounds judgmental to me.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

This is simply an opinion about health care spending, not a judgment about the persons family. There is no opinion about the persons being good or bad or righteous or evil or anything. It's about the cost. You enjoy getting offended I think. If taking offense was fattening you'd be 1000 lbs.

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Oh please. The underlying current is that the family shouldn't have let her travel. That's a judgement. That's not me making a stretch at all.

I'm not offended. I just think it's harsh that there's news of someone dying and one of the first things people comment on is that she shouldn't have done x or y. What purpose does that serve?

And please - if taking offense was fattening - everyone in PRSI would be dead from obesity. No one is excluded.

17. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Didn't Trump say the Ban was planned well in advance, contingencies made, and all departments told exactly what to do?

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Do we want to review all the things Trump has said and fact check them? ;)

19. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

The stress from this probably worsen her health.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017 ---
    He was lying as usual.

20. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I agree that maybe his mother could have been kept alive and maybe not. But it's clear that her not being let through, most likely aggravated her condition. When you only have one option left, and someone suddenly snatches it from you, I can fully understand why he feels the way he feels.

Why Trump couldn't give ample warning that the ban was coming, is beyond reason.

21. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Really. If you're going to make such false claims, you might want to provide reliable sources, as others have done.

But facts appear to be meaningless to you, we won't hold our breath.

22. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

This is PRSI, please do not spew common sense here.

23. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

This is the Trump era.

Those are correct "alternative stats".

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Sick people are told not to travel. Pregnant women (expectant mothers) are told not to travel. It's not judgmental, its medical, it's science. Give it a rest already. Take off you SJW cape and practice critical thinking. Not everything is a racist or discriminatory. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017 ---
    http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...0_to_40_million_illegals_can_be_deported.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.