Detroit Man Lies About Mother Dying Because of Immigration Ban

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

2. Naimfan Suspended

Naimfan

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

said it a couple of times already, I like my muslims like I like my guns, unregistered.

does that answer your question?

4. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

oh I need a medical diagnoses too, seems you guys are doctors
    of course not because he was trying to turn this into a Muslim country.... by banning Muslims?

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Yes I do consider it reliable.

6. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

"'I really believe this in my heart: if they would have let us in, my mom - she would have made it and she would have been sitting right here next to me," Hager said. "She's gone because of him.'"

To start, I wish his family all the best, and share my sympathy over his mother's death.

What stood out me the most is this statement: "'I was just shocked. I had to put my mom back on the wheelchair and take her back and call the ambulance and she was very very upset. She knew right there if we send her back to the hospital she's going to pass away - she's not going to make it,' Hager said."

1) Obviously her stress levels shot up, she too was probably in a state of shock.

2) "send her back to the hospital" == does this mean she was already in the hospital? Perhaps the son believed that the Iraqi doctors weren't able to treat as well as American doctors, so they should just move back to the US. Was it safe for her to travel?

Another question that pops up is why the son chose to return? Maybe it was urgent to get back to his business, but it's certainly an odd choice to not stay a few more days in Iraq when the mom was in the hospital (not insinuating anything, just hoping for clarification in case I missed this).

That all being said, I do realize that it's easy for us to judge this person and his quotes because we aren't going through the same thing. I doubt my family would have positive or neutral things to say for Trump if we were going through a similar situation. It must be very hard for this person and I once again, wish him the very best and share my sympathy over his loss.

7. daflake macrumors 6502a

So is using her death as a tool against the ban. I'm sorry that she passed, but that is as bad if not worse than questioning her health.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

She's not a tool. She's a potential victim of the ban. That's not the same thing.

9. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Is Trump to blame or is Iraq for not having the people/skills to help her? Or should we blame the famiy for not working with the great healthcare with a social system over in Europe? Sarcasm abounds.

10. daflake macrumors 6502a

"potential"

Yeah, gonna leave that there for you. Again... Would you have heard about her if she made it into this country and died right after she arrived? She was ill and people die. It is part of life. The ban didn't kill her, her illness did and using her as an "potential" victim is pretty petty.

Looks like the left is as whacked as the right now. We have no hope.

11. 0007776 Suspended

That's the Republican health care plan in action, it even covers non citizens as well as citizens.

On the topic since she died within 24 hours it seems likely that she wouldn't have survived the trip and would have died regardless. However it is impossible to know if the stress from finding out she wouldn't get treatment was enough to speed up her death, and she would have survived without it.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017 ---
    You can probably go back to the dividing of the Middle East after WWI for the reasons behind why Iraq doesn't have the medical infrastructure to treat her of course our reckless invasion doesn't help either.

12. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I see many PRSIers succumbing to a similar outcome at the rate they're going with their outrage. Pace yourselves.

13. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

Oops. Are you going to have this thread deleted as well?

[​IMG]

Man who claimed mom died in Iraq after Trump's ban lied, Imam confirms

Posted:Feb 01 2017 02:14PM EST

Updated:Feb 01 2017 02:34PM EST

DETROIT (WJBK) - The leader of a mosque in Dearborn has confirmed to FOX 2 that a man who claimed his mother died in Iraq after being barred from returning to the United States under a ban instituted by President Trump this weekend, lied to FOX 2 about when her death occurred.

Imam Husham Al-Hussainy, leader of the Karbalaa Islamic Educational Center in Dearborn, says Mike Hager's mom did not pass away this weekend after being barred from traveling to the United States. The Imam confirms that Hager's mother died before the ban was put in place.

After the story aired on FOX 2 and was posted on FOX2Detroit.com, we received many questions about the validity of Hager's claims that his mother died waiting to be approved to come home. FOX 2 has confirmed that his mother died five days earlier.

According to Al-Hussainy, Hager's mother had kidney disease and was receiving treatment in Michigan - where she lived - before traveling to Iraq to visit family. The Imam said she passed away on January 22, 2017, five days before President Trump instituted the travel ban.

[​IMG]

Always stay skeptical... lol Chris is a dip ****

14. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

No. On the contrary. I think that him using the death of his mother for sympathy AND to attack Trump is wrong on so many levels.

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Kudos to the Imam, he could've easily used this and he didn't.

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So close, I'm sure there will be more made up stories to try and pin something on someone.

17. SusanK macrumors 68000

Trump's folks are not known for the milk of human kindness.

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

True dat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. pdqgp, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Can we amend this thread headline since it's 100% false?

21. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

We all know how? All I see is you making unsubstantiated claims.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

23. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

Within the last 20 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.