Developers testing iOS - please request this from Apple

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by roland.g, Jun 7, 2017.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

To anyone who can provide feedback to Apple through iOS 11 beta testing, please let Apple know we need a grid style app switcher for the iPhone too and not to limit it to the iPad.

Something like the JB tweaks Griddy or GridSwitcher in a 2 or 3 column (or user preference setting for 6/7 vs Plus size users, etc) would be a huge welcome over the Cover Flow / Rolodex style app switcher we have now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

After updating/refining the current one I'm pretty sure that's not on their roadmap.

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

What changes are there to the app switcher on iPhone from iOS 10 to 11. I didn't see anything indicating that it was any different except on the iPad.

4. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

They removed the home screen and I believe the animations are a bit different. I just mean that if they were planning a big overhaul of the app switcher it would've been included now, so it's unlikely that they'll revamp that whole thing between now and the GM.

5. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Because in 3-4 months it would be that difficult to bring what they essentially already are including for the iPad. I understand they didn't do it and don't seem likely to, but I personally think it would be worth it for people to let them know that this kind of functionality shouldn't be limited to the iPad. The current app switcher is not fun to use at all and doesn't really help like it could. But that is my opinion.

Anyway, could it really hurt to ask Apple to do it.