DeVos asks Twitter a Question and Gets Served

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Feb 10, 2017.

1. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Comments from random Twitter users are all that is needed for an article these days? I hope whoever put that together is working for free. As far as the "you never went to public school" stuff, I hope these people were just as active with their Tweeting when Arne Duncan was the Secretary of Education.

2. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

It's Huufpo. The same news site where a reporter thought earplugs were rubber bullets. A step up from buzzfeed and cat gifs.

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

As someone who like cat gifs, I'm offended. Huff Post is a step below litterbox gifs.

4. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

regardless if you consider twitter posts worthy of an article; this lady is incredibly embarrassing and this is hilarious

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yep everyone in huff pro thought this. so your argument is about as valid as the above one.

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I think I can understand how upsetting it is when any news site interferes with Conservative fantasies. :)

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It's not an article. It's also HuffPo. It's a puff piece and social commentary. I applaud your pivot though.

9. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Pivot on what?

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

"I hope these people were just as active with their Tweeting when Arne Duncan was the Secretary of Education."

What does this have to do with anything? Is it possible that people thought Arne Duncan was more qualified? Isn't it also possible that Arne Duncan didn't tweet out (after a controversial vote) something like this?

Arne Duncan and Betsy DeVos are two different people. You can comment on one without commenting on the other.

11. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

When people are saying she isn't qualified because she never went to public school that's where the Arne Duncan comparison becomes relevant. I'm not saying she's going to be a good Sec of Ed, but if people want to disqualify her based on going to private school then I hope they had the same view on Arne Duncan. Just on that one issue is all. And yes, her tweet was dumb.

12. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Perhaps on that one issue. I don't think people think she's not qualified on that one issue. I think DeVos showed many reasons why she shouldn't be in charge :)

13. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

How about getting rid of the DoED and DeVos? Both sides can be happy, partially. However, I suspect some full-timers won't be happy with any outcome at all.

14. daflake macrumors 6502a

15. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

DaFlake News!

16. daflake macrumors 6502a

Hey, I kinda like that.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I liked the bear photos. Those are pretty funny and an image that will dog her entire term in office. That's what Trump and others in his administration do not realize...they are all becoming parodies. Spicer, Conway, Perry, DeVos, Pence, Carson, on and on it goes.

People aren't laughing with you, they are laughing at you. Most likely the biggest joke administration in the history of the country. And that doesn't spell success. To turn that around, they will all have to 1) shut their mouths and stop saying stupid things, 2) Start getting serious and doing some really good policy things that don't alienate and piss people off. 3) Stop lying, 4) In Trump and Spicer's case, stop being so angry all the time.

Unfortunately I think most of these people are in over their heads and don't have it in them.

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

They are characters on TrumpTV

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Do parents not buy their kids pencils anymore? A pack of pencils cost like 2 dollars.