DHS: All green card holders allowed in.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

2. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Protests going on when we went to the airport today. But all I have to say is....Thank you for looking out for our country's safety President Trump. It is about time we practiced a little common sense in the US.

3. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Which part was the common sense part?

4. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I think that last time common sense was observed it was a long time ago on the cover of a pamphlet.

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

6. chown33 macrumors 604

And what a Paine that was.

7. vrDrew macrumors 65816

But, at some level, don't even the most diehard Trump supporters have to ask themselves why the Executive Order was so poorly thought-out, and badly drafted in the first place?

Was Donald Trump in such a rush that he, quite literally, did not stop and think about how Executive Order might apply to Green Card holders. People who already had lived in this country for some time. Who had been vetted. Who had families; and jobs; and homes; and lives in this country? Did Donald Trump not ask the officers who are commanding our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan how this might affect their ability to hire local advisors and translators?

If Trump is such a genius: Why did he send out an order that even they themselves admit had glaring errors in it, less than three days after it was issued?

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The same people defending illegal and traitorous Sanctuary Cities were demanding the firing and prosecution of American workers employed by Customs and Border Control for not enforcing the law.

Once again, leftist-liberals put the welfare of foreigners over the welfare of American working-class.

9. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Blanket bans on green card holders is one short step from stopping US passport holders. Amazing they wrote it in in the first place.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

President Walkback has become President Pushedback.

11. SusanK macrumors 68000

Neither is wearing any clothes.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

13. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

Utter madness from this fascist government. In any sane administration there would be a procession of resignations for such a horrific attack on the status of LPR. You have rogue border agents still targeting green card holders because they don't look right.

Fascism, American style.

14. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Source?

15. samcraig macrumors P6

Which part is that? The part where people already supposed to be here were allowed back in?

16. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

17. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Cause Trump is just a hand with a pen.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

I would rather be in the minority for this issue.

19. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

So you really don't think there should be a thorough vetting processes?
    Then you and I disagree on this topic.

I sure hope you vet people who watch, or are involved, with your kids, but not sure if that would be important to you. It is for me. Especially in this day and age of crazy.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

I think there should be a vetting process. Fortunately one does exist. I never said otherwise. I don't agree with Trump's executive order - and not in the way it was activated.

If you have a green card - you were already vetted.

21. eatrains macrumors regular

There already is a thorough vetting process and you know it.

22. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Part of Trumps' immigration plan definitely had precedent - refugee caps have happened under the last two Presidents, prioritizing minority refugees also makes some sense considering the threat they face at home. Obama also issued a 6-month stay on refugee processing from Iraq to revamp the system.

But it's all so amateur-hour. Implanted without review or oversight - ad-hoc - it was an easily avoidable disaster. The "green-card" issue is more troubling - as it seems that there is a new barrier for some of our most-vetted foreign residents, which seems asinine, not practical.

23. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay