Diablo 3 or Civilization 5 Gods and Kings

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ivoruest, Jun 26, 2012.

1. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

Which one of these two games you recommend?

Diablo 3 or Civilization 5 Gods and Kings? I think I will buy the Windows 7 version to play on Bootcamp, graphics are better. I really enjoyed playing Age of Empires and Starcraft, both are my type of games. Which one would you recommend D3 or Civ5?? Never played any of these two before!

Also, is Diablo 3 too brutal (grotesque)? It looks like an intimidating type of game....

2. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

If you liked AOE and StarCraft I would go with Civ 5 then. D3 is a different type of game; and yes it does have it's dark moments.

Civ 5 is still different from AoE and SC but it goes along the same lines more than D3.

3. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Civ V Gods and Kings finally made me stop booting in to Bootcamp for playing Civ. And what a revelation it was! Not only am I spared the endless reboot time, the five minutes of waiting for a desktop (and generally 2-5 Steam messages complaining a session is already running), but to top it off the game itself loads faster and is way more responsive running under Mac OS X.

At first I thought it was counterintuitive, but then I realised it uses dynamic texturing (that the DirectX 11 version doesn't, at least pre-expansion).

It really has changed Civ from being a game I would have to prepare for a session of, to a much more impulsive game. That the game itself is pretty much a whole new Civ as well as having version parity with Windows is just a pretty darn good bonus!