Dick Cheney Rules

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 3, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

nyt op/ed

regarding his salary and halliburton options, i thought such holdings and payments were illegal. anyone know?

2. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

I'm infuriated that energy policy is determined through discussions with "energy industry executives" rather than with, you know, scientists.

3. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Record profits for the chosen few, yet no record of how they pulled it off.

Why am I not surprised.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I'm just waiting for the Constitution's Preamble to be rewritten as well as the end of the Gettysburg Address.

Lethal

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

[​IMG]

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

You said it.

8. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

You can go straight down the line. High-level corporate lobbyists are the ones pulling the strings. In fact, I hesitate to classify these individuals as lobbyists, in the classical use of the term. Their is an inner circle of the most unscrupulous men this country has even known. These men are running the show. They are the ones dictating the WH agenda.

GW is a 'made man', and I do not mean that in a mafia sense. He is part of the Texas aristocracy. That means oil and other energy, corporate food production, the military industrial complex and mining. The 'inner circle' do not run for public office. In fact, they try very hard to stay out of the public eye. But, they need front men to hold the public offices. So, they start to 'groom' them early. GW held many positives for them. There were only two negatives; he is not overly bright, and he was a drugging, drunken partier in his younger days.

They could solve the latter. Notice how those stories just disappeared? I wonder how many of GW's old buddies are buried in west Texas sand? They could do much with the smarts. So, they gave him the best PR team available, and an insider (Cheney) to keep GW 'in-line'. I am sure they would have preferred Cheney to be President, but he is unelectable. He looks, and acts like a member of the third reich.

It is my firm belief, Cheney is the man calling the shots. If watch, and listen to him closely, he lets that slip at times. I had a nightmare once. In it, the 'inner-circle' have GW shot. Cheney becomes to new President. He now has dictatorial powers from GW's May 9th decree. Cheney declares martial law after the murder of GW and cancels the election. When Congress objects, he has them disband until the 'emergency' is over. He brings in Blackwater to secure the capitol. Those who continue to object are arrested and sent to Gitmo. With no more habeas corpus, there is no way to appeal the detention. And then........well it was only a dream.

I post many things which I know to be factual. This post is mainly conjecture on my part. Please view it in that light.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It used to be. It's supposed to be. Who knows nowadays, almost everything is legal if you're the one who makes the laws. What's funny though is that they still break them.

Well, not funny ha ha... more like funny uh oh.

11. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

It's called leadership and it's refreshing.

12. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

There, fixed it for you.

13. aquajet macrumors 68020

I suppose being pissed on while in anaphylactic shock after being attacked by mutant box jellyfish is refreshing as well...

14. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Very well said! :)

15. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

that is genius.

and here I am with my lowly cat macro:

[​IMG]

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The whole damn administration is "illegal"..What's new ?

17. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Admit it. You are all upset that Cheney isn't running for president like just about every VP before him.

18. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

He who thinks he or she leads, when no one is following, is only out for a walk.

Leadership is largely determined by influence on the number who follow. Based on that, and the current popularity % toward this present, dangerous administration, Cheney and Co. are only out for a walk.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then shoot your hunting partner. That's not called leadership, in my book.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

We're now calliing lying and cronyism "leadership"? We don't even call it that under Richard Daley here in Chicago. We still call it "criminal".

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, that would be very true indeed! He'd lose no matter who the Democrats nominated. They could run Jimmy Carter again and still win for god's sake.

21. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

At least we agree that would be the measure of a new low.:)

22. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

23. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I would not like him to run, but if he did, then whoever the democrats nominate would win for sure.

24. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You mean draft dodging 3 deferrals Dick Cheney Pretend Hero of the Republican Corporate spin machine? That Cheney? You know the one who just blew his friends face off? The same Cheney who lied many times about WMDs and continues and still says Bin Laden & Saddam were linked when they werent? The same one who had his workers out one of our own CIA agents? The guy who had secret dealings with Oil Executives and let them write our energy policy? That Dick?

He couldnt win a nomination.

25. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If you call what's going on now leadership, I'd hate to see your version of a cluster****. 9/11, Iraq, Valerie Plame, torture, healthcare, the environment, Katrina, the USAG scandal, Walter Reed, one cluster**** after another. All while blaming someone else for every cluster****. Leadership my ***.

But I forgot, Clinton lied about a bj. :rolleyes:

I would love for Cheney and his less than 20% approval rating to run. Anyone could run against him and win. Anyone. I'll refrain from the usual jokes about cursing and shooting people in the face because I'd rather focus on the fact that he's a greedy liar who's still going around lying about 9/11 and Iraq.

[​IMG]