Did a pick the inferior phone by going with the 6S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entraik, Sep 12, 2015.

1. entraik Suspended

I was weighing the 6s and 6s+ for a while now. Couldn't decide but ultimately went with the 6S because of ease of pocketability along with easier access to the 3d touch (one-handed), and texting (one handed). Now I'm HUGE into photography / slow motion video. I understand that the OIS will make somewhat of a difference in low light but can't results also be achieved via post processing? Also since the sensor has been improved wouldn't it be possible to take better pictures in low light on the normal 6S now? I also understand that the battery will be superior on the plus I'm just not 100% confident in my decision so I hope the 6s will take amazing photos and video because that is my main concern. I hope others can weigh in.

2. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Think of it this way... your 6S won't lag. The 6S Plus will have to downscale the resolution to 1080p, allowing occasional stutters in animations and scrolling. This is a fact btw.

3. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I'm kinda wondering about the opposite. Was debating them before the order, then decided since I managed with a 6 plus for over a year, I probably wouldn't have too much trouble with the 6s plus. But I didn't really consider 3d touch -- I think I'll have issues using that, at least one handed.

4. sterl320 macrumors 6502

They're the same phone. Just depends on how big if a screen you wanted.

5. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

Go with the one you want most for practical reasons. The only advantages with the Plus are the OIS and better battery. If you can live without those and you prefer the size of the standard 6S then that is the obvious choice. Only go for the Plus if you definitely want a phone that size, don't get it as you feel it's the 'top' model.
    The lag on the Plus (my Plus anyway) is very negligible/non-existant so I would say ignore the drama queens that make out it hinders the performance or usability in any way (it doesn't).
    Hope this helps!

6. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Yes you were better off buying a Samsung.

7. robE89 macrumors regular

I doubt that will be the case with A9 chip.

8. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

I seriously doubt it

9. techiebug macrumors 6502a

I love the idea of a small portable phone that is powerful. I'm buying the regular 6s. I really dislike the size of the 6plus. It's unnecessarily big.

10. BSben macrumors 6502a

I am sure you did the right thing, the moment you click that ORDER button, it is usually your gut feeling speaking. I am sure you will be happy with your decision.

11. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Second guessing and buyers remorse are freebies at Apple :D

12. Msail30bay macrumors regular

Msail30bay

13. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Pretty sure the 6S will take amazing pictures and videos as the 6S plus. I don't like the size of the plus and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Said no one ever.

14. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

The plus has OIS.

15. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Yeah, I had a bit of apprehension on the previous version due to the OTF scaling, but I'm 99.9% confident this will be a non-issue with the new SOC, the continued refinement of the OS, etc.

I'm so sure it'll be a non-issue, I didn't hesitate to order the 6S Plus. :)

16. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

No. Buy a Black berry.

17. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

OIS seems to help most in low light. Results are varied from what I've seen. Usually, if the photo would have been ruined by blur in low light, OIS isn't enough to save it. It's more about a good photo vs a great photo.

18. Ortiz7983 Suspended

Your actually right. And I knew that. Just a mistake. I don't mind when I'm wrong. Thanks.

19. entraik thread starter Suspended

That may have been true with the 6+. However with the new isight camera that has been reworked to have less noise (as stated during the keynote) and with 12 mp, wouldnt the low light noise be lessened by default in the 6s?

20. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

The lack of OIS in the 6S is so stupid on Apple's part. I do not get this at all. I got the iPhone 6+ last year because the screen and camera were better. I am tired of the large size, and though for sure Apple would make the correct move and put OIS on the 6S. I know they don't play the phone race that android phones do with specs, but OIS is a standard on smartphones now. If Apple only does this to separate the two phone, that could not be a dumber move. The only things that should separate these two phone is screen size.

I went with the 6S this time, and that is only because of the size. It's just so frustrating. I also don't want to hear the excuse that the phone is not big enough. Guess what, Apple can fix that is they stop making the freaking phone so thin. I guess they don't care if the 6S does not match up with like phones in the camera category.

21. IllusionEntity macrumors 6502

IllusionEntity

I have had a 6+ since launch day last year. Not one "stutter" or any "lag"

22. techspin macrumors 6502a

The lag on the plus is real and reminds me of the stutter in iOS 9 PB. Glad you don't notice it!

23. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

You have to have a blind eye to it. I have had my iPhone 6+ since launch, and it's not terrible but it's still lags.

24. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

If someone needs to have "great photos", it is time for a DSLR!

25. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

It's not about great photos. It's about having an actual good photo, and yes the 6 can make a good photo. The 6+ makes just makes a better photo. No smartphone is great, they are just good photos. The problem is Apple making the 6 and 6S lack in quality for not good reason. It makes not sense other than to make the 6+ better.