Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I am on ios 6.1.3 and it runs pretty good on 4 but I have unlimited plan data and I want to go back to 6.0.1( that's the only ios I got) to jailbreak. How is the speed on ios 6.0.1 and are apps opening faster?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I am on ios 6.1.3 and it runs pretty good on 4 but I have unlimited plan data and I want to go back to 6.0.1( that's the only ios I got) to jailbreak. How is the speed on ios 6.0.1 and are apps opening faster?

I doubt there is much difference but why don't you try it out yourself instead of asking on the forum?

I doubt those who're on 6.0.1 jailbroken will go to 6.1.3 tethered

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I doubt there is much difference but why don't you try it out yourself instead of asking on the forum?

I doubt those who're on 6.0.1 jailbroken will go to 6.1.3 tethered

Yeahh, maybe you're right but I don't want to lose my progress in angry birds game but I also want to set up as a new iphone, isn't there any cloud option for angry birds, like real racing 3 ?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Yeahh, maybe you're right but I don't want to lose my progress in angry birds game but I also want to set up as a new iphone, isn't there any cloud option for angry birds, like real racing 3 ?

Use AppBackup. Been using it for years. I can send you a link for step by step instructions. I have game saves from over 3 years ago!

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Use AppBackup. Been using it for years. I can send you a link for step by step instructions. I have game saves from over 3 years ago!

Hmm... I googled and this is a tweak from cydia, that means that I have some work to do with my iphone, to tether jailbreak 6.1.3, save games and than go to 6.0.1... it's nice, a lot of work but nice, thank you very much. But can I setup as new iphone on 6.0.1 and still use the save data, right?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hmm... I googled and this is a tweak from cydia, that means that I have some work to do with my iphone, to tether jailbreak 6.1.3, save games and than go to 6.0.1... it's nice, a lot of work but nice, thank you very much. But can I setup as new iphone on 6.0.1 and still use the save data, right?

Back up your game saves using appbackup

Use ifile or ssh to browse the file system and note where the backup files are

Should be in /var/mobile/preferences

Backup the files to your computer

Restore to whatever version, jailbreak, download appbackup and place those files into the place they belong

Appbackup will see them and you can restore your game saves once you reopen appbackup

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012

I didn't realize you were stock. I would just jailbreak, install AppBackup, copy the tarballz folder to my computer, DFU restore as new, jailbreak, install AppBackup, and copy the folder back to its rightful place. Then as you install your games, they'll appear in AppBackup and it will allow you to restore them exactly back to how they were. They will be identical.

AppBackup installs some decencies. If you don't plan on keeping AppBackup (I always keep it on my device so I can periodically backup all my App Store apps), just take a screenshot of what's getting installed. After you restore all your games, just remove everything in the screenshot.

It sounds like a lot but I do it all the time. Doesn't take me very long and I love having game saves from years ago. I don't always install every single game I own because now that I have a copy of the game saves on my computer and device, I just install them whenever I feel like playing. For example, infinity blade is a HUGE game. Takes up a ton of space. I only keep it installed when I'm currently really into the game. But when I move on to other games and take a break from Infinity Blade, I'll backup the game with AppBackup and delete infinity blade. iCloud is getting better at saving games but since this is a free alternative I still prefer this method so I don't waste 50% of my iCloud limit. I swear by AppBackup and mention it frequently here at MacRumors.

Edit: Here's the tutorial I mentioned in case you need it.

http://m.imore.com/app-data-appbackup-jailbreak

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.