Did anybody trade in a 6/6plus for $650 who has a ship date after Sept 30?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jensgt, Sep 20, 2016.

1. jensgt macrumors regular

I am trying to get AT&T customer service to clear this up for me but every person I talk to gives me a different and very unclear story. I gave up when the one guy told me I was not eligible since i am not switching from another company...even though it says right on their website "existing customers". I know that if you're upgrading via NEXT you can't get it but I am out of contract on a month to month basis so I assume I can get this credit.

The issue is the promo ends Sept 30...and my new phone is not supposed to come until October. So what is the deal? Do I have to go phone less for 3 weeks? I shudder at the thought. Anybody have any insight? I'll probably stop by my local store tomorrow to ask again but man...these people never seem to know what is going on.

2. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

I know for Verizon you have 30 or 45 days until after you receive your device to trade it in and get the $650 promotion. I would imagine it would be similar w/ AT&T.

I'm sure they'll make it right. Not your fault that you won't get your device until the 30th. You ordered the device while the promo was going on so they should honor it.

3. jensgt thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, just after I posted this I found someone with the same exact question in the att forums. Looks like they do let you wait. I will still feel better getting something in writing from ATT to back me up. Just frustrating to call and have people lie to you...their phone customer service is HORRIBLE.

4. Fthree macrumors 6502a

i have not heard of this promotion, if i wanted to trade my (fully paid off) 6s for a 7 plus they would give me a $650 credit towards it?

5. jensgt thread starter macrumors regular

Yes that is what I am gathering. It's near impossible to get an AT&T person to explain it but maybe if you go into the store they will help you.

Target is doing it also...and Apple. You might have better luck going through Apple which has some sort of customer service skill/
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2016 ---
    *FREE IPHONE 7 32GB OFFER: Limited time (ends September 30, 2016, in Puerto Rico). Select stores and online. Not an AT&T Next upgrade offer. Void in Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Miami-Dade. Eligible iPhone 7: New iPhone 7 or 7 Plus on 0% APR AT&T Next (30-month) or AT&T Next Every Year (24-month) installment agreement. Retail price is divided into monthly installments. Tax on full retail price due at sale. After all credits, get an iPhone 7 32GB priced at $650 ($21.67 or $27.09 per month) for free. May apply max credit towards other eligible iPhones priced up to $970, which will be discounted but not free. Wireless: Monthly postpaid voice and data required (existing customers can add to eligible current plans). Eligible Trade-in: Must use the AT&T trade-in program in an eligible store or online. Must trade in an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, or 6s Plus in good working condition that is fully paid off. In some stores, you will need to trade in and make a new purchase in the same transaction. If your iPhone is being shipped, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your promo trade-in. Must complete trade-in within 30 days of new iPhone activation. Bill Credit: Must have completed trade-in for credits to start. Credits are applied in equal amounts towards installment payments over entire agreement term. Service must remain active and in good standing and device must remain on its agreement for the entire term to get all credits (if cancel service, you will owe remaining installment balance of up to $970). If upgrade or pay up/off agreement early, your credits may cease. Offer Limits: Not combinable with bill credit, switcher, or other discounts on the iPhone offers. Return: Restocking fee up to $45 may apply.

6. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

doubt the store would help you anymore than customer service over the phone but at least you have a person of reference if things hit the fan.

7. jensgt thread starter macrumors regular

They are not very forthcoming about this at all. When I was at the store the other day the guy said my 6 plus was probably worth about $200 in trade in. Never mentioned this promo/

8. pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts