Did anyone else get their 'reserved' iPhone 5 shipment updated to release date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtnDewFTW, Sep 14, 2012.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

So last night I was ordering two iPhone 5s, one for and one for my girlfriend. Mine went through just fine. But her's got stuck in the reserved limbo and there wasn't much I could do for about an hour. Them Apple sent me an email saying I could finish my order because their server's started to communicate with AT&T's again and they were able to place my order.

Like with many of you, my order date ended up getting slipped to 2 weeks, even though the time I placed the order was actually way before Apple was sold out of iPhones.

Anyway, today we got this email, and we're both very happy about it :) Looks like Apple fixed their mistake.

Did anyone else receive this email from Apple?

Attached Files:

2. aldila macrumors newbie

aldila

I got the same email! I was bummed out because when I ordered it it said delivery on the 29th but then after I paid for it, it showed two weeks. Woke up to find this email waiting with the good news!

3. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

Always a good email to wake up to :)

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Same here. Got the reserved confirmation email and checked out with shipping showing 2 weeks. Received the same email later in the day with the 9/21 ship date.

5. matty.p macrumors 6502

got the reserved e-mail, finalized it this morning, now says delivery on the 21st.

6. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

Definitely good to see that Apple is fixing all these shipment dates. I know a lot of people were pretty angry last night because the servers weren't talking to the carriers, which pretty much resulted in Apple putting a hold on the order.

7. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

WTF I just cancelled my Apple order a couple of hours ago because they said Oct. 4th and Verizon said Sept. 28.

ARRRGGGGGG lol

8. typerlover macrumors regular

Did you guys use the link for the reservation email? Because I still can not get past the login screen on the reservation link to check it. It just freezes at the enter reservation number screen.

Or did you check out from the main apple store and then they linked your order to your email address later with the known reservation on it?

9. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

For me, I just waited for the email to come through and I pressed 'continue' which took me to finish placing my order. I would actually give them a call if anything. I heard the call wait is actually not as long as you would think. Just have your info ready