Did anyone else get this AT&T message?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AIP5, Dec 7, 2011.

1. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

It said:
    "AT&T Free Msg: Your phone is now enabled to dial & roam internationally. Details & rates at att.com/global. See att.com/wirelesstraveltips for iPhone travel tips."

Just wondering if anyone else got this message? I haven't talked to AT&T or even logged in online, so seems random. Does this mean anything? Like did my iPhone just get locked, or unlocked, or what?

It seems some MR posters got this message much earlier before the 4S was released, but not much was written about it.

2. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

It has nothing to do with "locking" or "unlocking". Basically the message says that if you are in another country your phone will work. It's weird that you didn't request it though. It's usually something you have to ask them to do, online or by calling.

3. AIP5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the thing though. I haven't had contact with AT&T ever since the day I got my 4S. And although I have travel plans, I certainly haven't told AT&T about it. So this is quite mysterious. You're sure, though, that it doesn't do anything with locking/unlocking? Would've loved an unlocked Christmas "gift" from AT&T. :p

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You do not have to "tell AT&T", they have wasy of finding out.:eek:

International has always been a given/default on my AT&T account.

5. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

It has nothing to do with locking and unlocking.

6. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

It wasn't on my account. I'm an international traveller and I had to go into my online account and select it. And, in fact, I just went in to my husbands part of our account and his wasn't selected.

7. nouveau macrumors member