Did ANYONE get a SS w/ link band for day 1 delivery?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kahalu'u Bob, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

I placed an order at 12:04 for a SS 38mm w link band. Delivery was already 4 -6 weeks. Looking through posts I haven't seen anyone with a link band in either size that is scheduled for first day delivery.

Anyone?

2. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I got the space black SS and mine says June. Lololol :(

3. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

I don't even think day 1 delivery existed for the link models at all. Mine: SS 42 Black, 12:03 Confirmation, 4-6 Week Estimate (May 13-May 27). Looks like really constrained supplies.

4. Kahalu'u Bob thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

It looks like the link bands just were not available for day 1 delivery. I did see one post that said they showed 4-6 weeks from midnight. (I was too busy trying to order to check the status on other models.)

5. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

Same, i'm just hoping we're pleasantly surprised and magically they arrive on the 24, just wishful thinking.

6. andrewmaj macrumors regular

3:02 was when i received my email receipt for the SS/link and the mid may delivery was already there

7. fs454 macrumors 65816

Nope. That was my number one choice. Space black and SS link were both 4-6 weeks right away. I nearly got my order through for SS with black sport band, but then it changed. As soon as I selected SS white sport, it went to 4-6 too.

The only one I could do was black classic buckle 42mm stainless steel for day one. Not digging it, but swapping the band right away will have to do.

8. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Interestingly, I got a AW w/ White Sport for launch day as well as a link bracelet that will ship in "2-4 weeks" possibly launch day as well. Seems like those who got the watch WITH the link bracelet are being punished lol

9. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I got my email receipt is 3:01 and it says 4-6 weeks.

10. SCOfoshO macrumors member

Exact same for me

11. malreynolds macrumors member

malreynolds

The link band accessory were 2-4 weeks, so sharp people right at midnight bought the sport SS and the link as an accessory...

Edit: Obviously that is only for non-black link

12. JGayle007 macrumors regular

JGayle007

Same with me. That sucks...

13. Kahalu'u Bob thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

This surprises me. Apple seems very proud of the link bands. I'm surprised if there were none available for the initial release, unless the bands really have been harder to produce than expected. Interesting!

14. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Same. June for my space black SS. Who knows, maybe we'll see ship dates pull in a little (unlikely, but it's happened before).

15. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I had the Black SS in my favorites and had it in my basket within 30 seconds of the site going live and it said 4-6 weeks. Obviously they don't even have any of these ready to ship yet.

16. MichaelWR90 macrumors member

Yeah, I ordered my Stainless Steel @ 3:05 and have Mid May delivery.

17. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

Apple tends to under promise and over deliver with the preorder estimates in my experience, that being said I am shocked that they seem to have no link stock even prepared!!

18. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I did exactly this.

19. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I am SO relieved that I decided on the SS with Classic Buckle an hour before the site went down. Got the early ship dates.

20. Payton34 macrumors member

3:02a stamped email and mine is 4-6 weeeks. I don't believe the Space Black Stainless Steel Link Bracelet was available for day 1 delivery. I think we got the quickest delivery possible for this model. Let's hope we get them a little earlier. :)

21. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

They do have to hand brush them. I guess Jony is doing it.

22. MichaelWR90 macrumors member

These are computer "estimates"

Remember how many people were crying that their iPhone 6 Plus's wouldn't arrive until the next year, and ended up getting them day 1? This is the same thing.

23. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Went with SS + White Sport because it had a day 1 - 5/8 ship window then went and ordered the link bracelet separately (plus a spare charging cable.) It had a 2-4 week ship window which was better than the 4-6 week window on the SS + Link Bracelet. I intended to get a sport band for certain situations anyway. With any luck, I'll have my full combo sooner than if I had ordered it in a set.

Now... more waiting! Yay!

24. Stratus Fear macrumors 6502

I don't think so either. Email confirmation @ 3:01 EDT, 4-6 weeks. I got into the store immediately via the app as it came up, and used the "Favorites" shortcut to get right to that watch without fuss and it said 4-6 weeks before I even checked out.

25. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

lol well they do take 9 hours to make after all!