Did anyone get the "shipping bumped up" email from apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by F1Fan, Sep 16, 2012.

1. F1Fan macrumors member

F1Fan

Apple Insider has posted an image of an email supposedly being sent from apple to several people who ordered iPhones early, and it says that their initial delivery date was wrong and that they will indeed get the phone on launch day. Not sure if I can beleive this, though it's being reposted on pcmag, and gizmodo as well

Can anyone confirm actually getting this email? I'd beleive it if a macrumors member can say they've received it.

2. F123D, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I received this email. However, it was 12 hours after I had preordered.

Edit: I got a reserved confirmation to complete my order because servers were busy with my carrier.

3. meganator macrumors member

I actually received it. However I am a person who got the "reserved" email because they couldn't confirm my account with AT&T. Then when I finally could complete my transaction the dates slipped. But by r next morning they updated my shipping and sent me that email. I dont know of anyone who didn't have the reserved issue getting the email.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

5. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Does the email apply to people that ordered within the first few hours, or first day? I ordered through Apple, but I ordered late Friday night. I think by the time I got around to finishing the order, it was nearly midnight. I can only assume I have to wait 2-3 weeks :rolleyes:

6. meganator macrumors member

I ordered by 12:12 am according to the time stamp on the reservation email. My email to finish my transaction came at 1:10 am which I did. Final confirmation email came at 1:16 am.Then the next day (i thought it was morning but i was wrong) the email bumping up shipping showed at 1:32 pm.

7. jp700p macrumors regular

I ordered a Black 32GB AT&T from the apple.com on my computer at 1:04 PST. On the checkout screen it said 9/21, but then when I completed my order it said 2 week shipping.

My order still says shipping in 2 weeks with a delivery date of 10/5. No luck here :-(

8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I ordered at 6 am Friday morning. I show a 10/5 delivery as well. No bump.

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I received my reservation from apple to complete my order at 12:30am PT. Completed order at 1:30am PT. At the time it showed ships 2 weeks.

Next morning at 10:30am, I checked my status and It showed delivers 9/21.

At 1:30pm (12 hours later), I received the email from apple saying my ship date has been moved up.

10. F1Fan thread starter macrumors member

F1Fan

Thanks for the info guys. From everything I've seen so far, it looks like the cut off for reservations or purchases going through is about 3:45am EST. Missed it by 9 minutes thanks to the stupid shipping address issue. Oh well.

Still keeping fingers crossed that I can squeak in on launch day. Not so much because I HAVE to have it on launch day, but because if I knew it was coming on 9/21 I could stop checking the forums and get on with my life. It's the not knowing (I just can't really believe the Oct 5 date, so as far I'm co concerned, I just don't know when I'll get mine) that is the worst part.

11. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

ordered 7am CST and no bump in date yet. receive date is set on 10/5

12. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

OP, I had a shipping address issue as well. How did you resolve yours?

I changed my address on my account, but it wouldnt update. I gave up and just left the bad address in there. I was able to change the shipping address online the next day.

13. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I ordered at 7:45 AM CST and still show 10/5 as my delivery date. I don't expect it to change, but will be pleasantly surprised if it does. :)

14. rsnc macrumors regular

i ordered at 12:53 and got confirmation email saying delivery 21st

now my status says oct 5th

called apple and they cant really do anything about it

ill probably cancel the order and try to go into the store on launch day