did anyone had experianced the falling of ipad/iphone home button before?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hassoon, May 18, 2012.

1. hassoon macrumors regular

i just wanna ask if the home button could fall off?! and what are the worst case scenario of home buttons falling ?

2. mcsenerd macrumors regular

I don't know if I've ever heard of them falling off (certainly doesn't mean it hasn't happened), but there have certainly been buttons that just stopped working. I think they had a rash of such things on the iPod touch a while back.

3. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

You know the home button is failing when the iPad stops responding to it when it is pushed.

I don't think the home button will just fall off, unless the bezel breaks. You only see the top of the button that the hole in the bezel exposes. There is a flange around the button that extends underneath the bezel.

4. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

I've never heard of such a thing. Having it stop working sure (happened on my original iPad) but to just dislodge and fall off the device? That'd make for an interesting conversation with a genius from Apple.

And just to speculate, the worst case scenario is if it happened, and you were out of warrantee period, you'd have to pay the repair fee to Apple for them to fix you up with another iPad.