Did anyone HATE the earpods but LOVE the Airpods?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eclipse01, Mar 27, 2017.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Being they both have almost the same exact same design, I have the same likeness for both pairs, being they fit the same for me.

3. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

True but because of the absence of the wire it makes using them a whole lot different (supposedly)

4. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

I hated all earphones with wires. Love the Airpods for that reason and the case is ingenious. All perfect for my needs.

5. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

I cannot wear the EarPods. They just keep falling out, but I love the sound they produce. I also don't need the best sounding earbuds, but I just wish they would stay in. I have seen other earbuds on Amazon that have duel speakers, with a single rubber tip that fits in the ear. Many of those get at least 4 star ratings.

6. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

I for one cannot use the EarPods for more than 2 hours before they started to hurt my ears very badly

I was using my AirPods for 5-6 hours at a time and had no such thing go on with those...Not sure why?

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

No wires and great charging capability for many equals priceless. The EarPods cannot equal that. :)

8. rockyromero macrumors 6502

rockyromero

The only similarity is the shape that touches the ears.

Everything else is an entirely new experience.

9. DJLAXL macrumors 6502

DJLAXL

Going through a lot of different headphones over the years (Beats, Bose, Shure, Sol Republic, Jaybirds) I can say that I absolutely love the AirPods. They fit great and sound great to me. The auto connect is second to none. That's the one thing I hated about the BeatsX. No auto reconnect when I stepped away. I would turn on my music and it would play from the phone in a quiet office. With the Airpods, you pop it in your ear and boom! Very happy with them :)

10. corlando465 macrumors member

My airpods arrive on Monday! I super stoked but also hope I like them. I do not like the EarPods because they won't stay in. I'm hoping that the airpods are better because they won't have a wire constantly pulling the buds. I've also ordered a silicone attachment to help them fit better. I REALLY want to love them. I wear my LG Tones daily as my tech trio - iPhone 6+, Apple Watch and my tones. Never leave home without them . I'll post an update when I've had a chance to try them out.

11. BSben macrumors 65816

I hated the EarPods, they never stayed in (due to cable) and if they didn't fall out they didn't stay in properly which made them sound rubbish. I bought the AirPods to test them and was thinking that I would return them, instead I fell in love them and use them every day.

12. corlando465, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017

corlando465 macrumors member

Update... I really like these! They stay in nicely, to my surprise and sound quality is good. My job allows me to use ear buds but I usually just use one at a time, so I can still hear what's going on, answer phone, etc. I like that I get good sound using either pod and great sound when using both. I like that they don't block out noise around me, but can see why others might not if in noisy surroundings. I haven't used them for a phone call yet, so can't give input on that aspect yet. No regrets with purchase as of now...

13. newellj macrumors 603

That would be me. EarPods don't stay in. AirPods do - go figure. Love 'em.