Did anyone see the gold and silver?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by britneyfan, Sep 23, 2013.

1. britneyfan macrumors 6502

I heard that the Gold looks like a dirty version of the silver from some people.

I like both of them, but if Gold doesn't generally look elegant and is something that wouldn't look good to the general public after the hype is over, I don't want it.

2. durangojim macrumors member

I saw them both at the apple store today and disagree. I think they both look nice but in no way does the gold look dirty.

3. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

I hear the gold is amazing. I've seen the silver and it's the most boring looking thing I've seen.

4. vigilant macrumors 6502

vigilant

The new colors are derivatives of silver. Space Gray looks a darker version of silver and the gold version looks like the silver with a gold tinge to it.

That's the best way I can describe it.

5. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Saw and played with the gold 5s at the local Apple Store after work today. It has, to me, a faint antique brass kind of look to it, a sort of shiny sandy color. In my eyes, it is beautiful.

6. Angler macrumors regular

Went to the apple store today and could not believe how nice the gold looked. Before seeing it in person I thought it would be ugly and would never consider buying one. After seeing it I would not mind having one as it really was nice. It was a nice champagne color.

7. averlus macrumors regular

I saw the gold today and it definitely doesn't look dirty. Some of the photos of the gold come off as a lot darker than it looks in person, it's actually really subtle and elegant. In my opinion the silver looks a little bland (but I've had this white phone forever now and even with the accents on the silver it just reminds me of the same phone I've been staring at for 2 years). Hope that helps if you're trying to decide between colors. Best thing to do is go look at them somewhere that has them if you can.

8. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

I saw the gold one today, and think it looks awesome! I was actually surprised that the color of it wasn't cheesy like some 'gold' aluminum gadgets have been.

It's not washed out, or overly copper coloured either.

The only thing that I wish is that it came with a black face instead of the white face.

The edges are beautiful, the feel is rather matte, the top and bottom bands are appropriate for the gold color. I asked an incredibly helpful Apple Store employee and he said that he'd not pop for the 5s, if he had a 5. BUT if he could get enough money for his 5, he would definitely jump on the gold version. I actually liked the gold over the silver... The silver looked cheesy IMO...

9. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

This really solidified my decision to not jump on a silver!
    thanks guys!!!

10. walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

I thought gold was girly and the white/silver was very good together, but after reading your posts, I gotta get the gold. Isheep will follow

11. Erphern macrumors 6502

On the other hand... Silver doesn't suddenly look any worse than it's looked for the past year. ;) All the colors will be "boring" a month from now - the gold is simply new to us. Get whichever you prefer. They're all nice.

12. KPOM macrumors G5

Agreed. I have long liked the silver, but was tempted by the Space Gray. It looks really nice and harkens back to the original iPhone. If the Apple Store didn't have any silver phones on Saturday, I'd have gladly picked up the Space Gray.