Did anyone to from ATT I4 to Verizon I4 and is not happy ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richxps, Feb 8, 2011.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

I just want a get a feel for this , im in the air about switching. I do get drop calls here and there and would switch but i want to get some other users experiences so far.. I

2. Vihzel macrumors 6502

You have to base it off of your area and not from other peoples experiences in their area. If you want better coverage and voice, then go Verizon. If you're already satisfied with ATT and want faster speed, then stay on the network. There's no need to change if you're already happy. If you're not happy, then perhaps a change would be good. As for everyone else... YMWV

3. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

everyone is going to tell you it depends on the service of both companies in your area, and they are right. however i have had the at&t iphone 4 last year, which i returned for a droid x and not i have a verizon iphone and i couldnt be more happy with it. it gets perfect reception, no "death grip" and it does all the same things that the at&t iphone did. sure the speeds arent quite as fast as at&t but its no slower than the droid x i had, which was super fast. if you get good verizon coverage i say switch

4. taskmanager macrumors regular

I'm about to be.. my new iphone 4 will be here any day now.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Aren't the only delivered Verizon iPhones the ones that were ordered the first night that was only open to current Verizon customers?

I think your question is impossible to answer today. There is no one who fits the qualifications yet.

6. AML225 macrumors regular

Didn't you learn what they say about assuming? Seriously.

OP- did you even bother looking or searching around the forums? Literally a few down from yours.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1093049

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I would imagine for most it's far to soon to tell, but at least I can tell you that here at work, I've get 4-5 bars of Verizon whereas I was stuck on "No Service" for most of the day on AT&T.

(We have VZW repeaters in the building and AT&T's signal doesn't seem to penetrate the structure at all).

I used to carry two phones - a VZW phone for work days and an AT&T iPhone for personal/days off.

Now, all I need is one phone. So, I'm quite happy.

Data speeds are 1.4-1.6Mbit/sec with under 200msec latencies, so I'm content. Besides, there will almost certainly be no 4G LTE service here for at least 12 months. It's not even on Verizon's or AT&T's published 4G coming-soon maps.

8. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Okaaayyy... Care to elaborate?

10. Vihzel macrumors 6502

Care to give more explanation? I hope you're not just saying that just because you can.

11. zenio macrumors 6502

I kept my AT&T iPhone 4 activated and bought one on Verizon since I was already a customer and thought it would be interesting to compare them. Living in a very strong 3G area for both carriers I have the ideal environment for comparison.

So far it's been a tie between the two. Call clarity is a bit better on the AT&T phone, but that's the nature of GSM as I have experienced that before since I've been using both of these carriers for over a decade. I have a BlackBerry on Verizon for work and it's also a bit muted like the iPhone 4.

Other than that the initial observation and experience is identical. Verizon customers should be as happy as AT&T customers.

12. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I have both of them activated right now and will be doing some side-by-side comparisons. But my initial impressions are pretty good on the Verizon iPhone. I think all things considered, I'm pretty much torn between them.

Judging by speed tests alone, the AT&T one knocks the socks off of the Verizon one. But in real-world use, it's pretty much a wash. For anything other than video streaming or large file downloads, I really haven't seen much difference in speed between the two.

What I am noticing is that the Verizon iPhone will often start loading a web page more quickly than the AT&T version. But the latter will often finish first. Audio streaming actually starts a bit faster on the Verizon phone, while both of them can keep a steady stream very well. Youtube favors the AT&T app because the faster download will allow a larger portion to buffer and the video will start sooner.

The hotspot feature is awesome, so let's hope it does indeed come to AT&T! And right now, I'm leaning towards the Verizon simply because I can have both Unlimited data and 2GB of tethering on the hotspot. And for the long-term outlook, Verizon will probably have LTE in my area next year before AT&T, so I might be in better shape with next year's iPhone release.

I have yet to see if the Verizon can keep a signal in areas that I've had trouble with on AT&T. For example, in my workplace the AT&T will often drop down to Edge or lose signal altogether when I am trying to stream audio. I will be testing this over the next couple of days to see how the Verizon performs.

13. thetexan macrumors 6502a

Well, his post history says he lives in the UK. Verizon's service probably doesn't work well in the UK.

14. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

15. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Doh!