Did Apple Ever Use Generic RGB as the Default Color Profile For Desktop Pictures?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by leerkeller, Sep 4, 2013.

1. leerkeller macrumors member

I noticed that all of the Apple supplied Desktop Pictures that came with Leopard*(Aqua Graphite, Aqua Blue, Flow(s) 1-3, Lines (Plum, Moss, Graphite), Tiles (Pine, Blue, Warm Grey), Abstract Folder, Plants Folder etc.) are assigned the Generic RGB color profile. Looking at them with the inspector in Preview the Creation Date and Modification Date are the same and correspond with the date I first used the computer.

A friend of mine was using the computer yesterday and asked me why I applied the Generic RGB profile for my folder background images. He said it makes them look washed out. I told him that is the default profile that was assigned by Apple. He told me that I must have changed them in batch at some point in the past because Apple never used Generic RGB as the default color profile for their pre-installed background images.

So who is right?

*I am now using Mountain Lion

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

As far as I can see, older images have no colour profile applied to them and newer images sRGB.