Did Apple just have something against Safari on Mountain Lion users?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Sep 14, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

When trying to pre-order my iPhone on Apple's site, I couldn't use Safari at all, while Google Chrome literally loaded and worked perfectly. I have Reset Safari, restarted my MacBook, and cleared the cache to no avail, while seeing the coming soon page over and over.

The only thing that tipped me to try Google Chrome was, I had my friend on the phone who has a PC, and he was able to pre-order the iphone, and he told me "The site worked fine"....It wasn't until almost a half an hour later, that I found the Apple Store website loaded on Safari.

Just curious.... But I did get my Pre-Order in, Black 16GB on Sprint :)

2. iRabbit macrumors 6502

Same issue (and I'm on Lion, not ML). No matter what I did, Safari kept having the "We'll be back" message. Luckily I had the mobile app open too and was ordering one through there, and then opened up the Apple store in Chrome, which proceeded to work fine for the second one.

Safari didn't start showing the store properly until 3:42am.

3. iZeeshan macrumors regular

4. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

same thing with me on mountain lion, but chrome wouldn't work, and safari did.

So its nothing against safari, maybe just what browser you try first

5. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I had the same issue, but with Firefox. Seems maybe it was a cache issue (although I cleared the cache and still had issues with FF).

6. Briview macrumors regular

That's funny... I had the issue opposite / other way around. I tried to order on my PC and Chrome, but I kept on getting the Coming Soon page with every refresh up until 20 minutes after midnight.

Then, I switched to my MBPr and used Safari, with which the store came up immediately. I rechecked on the PC and it still said Coming Soon. Wonder if they used different kernel accesses for each POST request sent to the server as it is secure socket, some of them probably timed out in the GET check.

7. sandyjmacdonald macrumors 6502

You probably just needed to clear your cache out on Safari?

8. Briview macrumors regular

OP said that he did that already.

9. sandyjmacdonald macrumors 6502

Ignore me. I can't read.

10. ahawks macrumors member

I had the same conflict. I had my Mac & PC both cause I was needing to order two iPhones. I was able to preorder on the PC like 5 mins ahead of then on my MAC. On the MAC it was still saying to wait. Oh well. Used the PC and ordered two my 12:15 PST/3:15EST