Did Apple pay some to stand in the line?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by chris650, Sep 23, 2012.

  1. chris650 macrumors regular

    Jun 15, 2010
    plenty in stock in most of the stores.... continues on the third day.... every time, a line forms.... all can get one within 10 to 20 minutes.

    Did apple pay people to stand in the line to look like that the demand is very high?

    In fact, the demand is so low that so called delayed shipments are all delivered ahead of schedule....

    is apple trying to manipulate the news so that their executives can unload their stocks before people realize? I don't know. but it's worth asking....
  2. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816


    Feb 11, 2010
    Somebody quoted these in another thread recently. Seems apropos:



  3. chris650 thread starter macrumors regular

    Jun 15, 2010
  4. einmusiker macrumors 68030


    Apr 26, 2010
    Location: Location:
  5. Blorzoga macrumors 68030


    May 21, 2010
    Absolutely. It's a huge conspiracy engineered by the top executives at Apple in order for them to be able to unload their stock holdings before the company goes bankrupt.
  6. macingman macrumors 68020


    Jan 2, 2011
    Maybe there is high demand but Apple is just able to keep up with supply. Plus you have only seen stores in your area most likely. It may be sold out in 80% of cities and yours is in the other 20%.

    Apple would never pay people to wait inline anyway. You obviously have very little understanding of economic supply/demand rules.
  7. thewitt macrumors 68020


    Sep 13, 2011
    Conspiracy theories never end....

    Why is there store stock in some places? (and can you name any....) Because not even Apple cn guess how much to send to every location in the world that sells iPhones. There are none within a 2 hour drive of my daughter. She has called everyone....

    Why are they able to ship early on back orders? Because they have always done this. They under promise and over deliver on back orders. This is much better than over promising and under delivering. It's a strategy...

    Did they pay people to stand in line? Of course not. Don't be an idiot. The demand is real. The shortages are real. They will sell 40,000,000 phones this quarter. Why in the world would they hold anything back.
  8. nolegirl01 macrumors regular

    Aug 22, 2012
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    ha wish I was over where you're at! I can't find one iphone 5 within 20-30 miles of me....I have been calling the apple store, best buys, radio shacks almost everyday since it launched and they are all sold out, can't find one!
  9. who-dat macrumors member

    Sep 23, 2012
    Can't find one here....stuck in backorder limbo w/AT&T. Considered driving to New Orleans, but then my sanity returned and yelled into my ear "3 hrs there, 3 hrs back for a cell phone?!?"
  10. apierrec macrumors 6502

    Sep 18, 2012
    It's not just a cell phone, that's why we do this. :D

    I rather drive up to 100 miles than do this everyday. It was a great day today! :cool:
  11. hkfan24 macrumors regular

    Sep 20, 2012

    Yes, you are correct. Apple decided to hire thousands of people in New York City and throughout the nation just to stand in front of their stores to give this magical illusion. The paid participants also appeared to be purchasing the phone, but in all reality, they walked out with an empty iphone 5 box but it looks like they walked out with the product. All of this is a conspiracy. The iPhone 5 does not exist and we are all being paid to act like we are all purchasing one/have one.

    You live in the Bay Area and you're telling me there was plenty of stock laying around the first three days of release for the iPhone 5? Your state in general had one of the worst shortages in the nation. Nice try troll.
  12. rmantiasr macrumors newbie

    Jan 29, 2013
    Central Florida
    New iPhone

    :apple: Hey Apple, you want to make some waves? Come out with an inexpensive iPhone that everyone can afford, like the VW. Be creative in design and function, doesn't have to be a smart phone, keep the price limit under $20. Crazy you say, it would give new life to a company that has become FAT in their thinking and self satisfied with their earnings!! Steve said don't be like me, but I'm thinking do be like him and don't be satisfied with what you have done before!!!
  13. bonskovsky macrumors 6502


    Dec 31, 2012
    I honestly believe that the demand went down with the release of the iPad 3.

Share This Page