Did Apple tell all the reviewers to make documentary type videos?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kmj2318, Apr 8, 2015.

1. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

It's strange that all these reviews have a "day in the life" angle. It makes me think Apple requested that they try to show it being used in real life settings, with sort of a story arc, instead of a run down of pros and cons.

I don't really think it helped. Imagine reviewing a smartphone that way. "You can take it out of your pocket and look at things!" Apple's trying to prove why it should be integral to people's lives, rather than let people gradually figuring it out, like the iPhone or iPad or iPod.

2. sterl320 macrumors 6502

3. kmj2318 thread starter macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Which publication do you work for?

4. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

I highly doubt it, maybe even enough to flat out say "no".

The Watch is marketed as a device that is suppose to improve your interactions with technology throughout the day, and also isn't meant for extended usages, so the best scenario to put it in is a day's use and explain what it does and how it does that in its most natural state.

5. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

I'm sure it's all orchestrated by Apple:

https://medium.com/krautreporter-stories/the-apple-media-distortion-field-644e9e7b8666

6. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Don't get me wrong, I know Apple heavily influences media reports, especially on pre-announced products, but come on. That was a terrible read that really only highlights events in light that reflect badly on Apple - had they been willing to weave a little honesty in there, maybe even a little common sense to some of the claims they made, it may have had more weight and a better read.

But really? The Church of Apple?

7. sterl320 macrumors 6502

You know you're doing something wrong if there aren't rumors cults & illuminati-like agendas for you lol.

8. kovey macrumors 6502a

lol, I have samiznaetekto on my ignore list for obvious reasons. Every so often, somebody will quote something crazy that he's said or linked to and I'll see it. Wow. Somebody get the tin foil.

9. McCool71 macrumors 6502a

I reacted to this as well - I have rarely (if at all) - seen other smart watches been treated this way in reviews so that one gets a good overview of how it works in real life and what it really can do.

Most of the time it seems like the reviewer just have played around with (the other) smart watches at the office for an hour or two before writing reviews that often lacks mention of several key features.

Orchestrated or not, there is no doubt that the first batch of reviewers are hand-picked by Apple though. You would be hard pressed to find any of these early reviewers to say anything bad about Apple the last couple of years.