Did Donald Trump leak nude photos of Melania to distract from the Khan story?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bpeeps, Jul 31, 2016.

1. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

http://gawker.com/did-donald-trump-leak-nude-photographs-of-melania-to-di-1784622478

Late on Saturday night, amid Donald Trump’s ongoing feud with Gold Star parents Khizr and Ghazala Khan, the New York Post, which endorsed Trump in April, published several nude photographs of the candidate’s wife. “THE OGLE OFFICE,” the Post’s Sunday edition punned.

The pictures were taken in Manhattan in 1995 by a French ex-con named Alé de Basseville, shortly after Melania Knauss arrived in America. They appeared in the January 1996 issue of Max, a now-defunct French men’s magazine, and the Trump campaign has made a very big show of being unbothered by the photographs’ publication.

If they’ve been around since 1995, why are these just coming out now? And why in a paper owned by conservative powerbroker Rupert Murdoch? Another interpretation... is that not only were they aware of the photographs and their impending leak, but they encouraged Jarl Alexandre to leak them to the Post (a friendly outlet that would cooperate with the campaign’s tactics) in order to distract from Trump’s ongoing, utterly disastrous spat with the Khans.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well they are on google but it lets you look at the before and after of her after she was hired (oops I mean married) trump.

3. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

4. Jess13, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I haven’t seen any buffoonish comments from Trump about the Khans, so perhaps you could post links to some? But what is utterly disastrous, is how Killary got their son killed by fully supporting the Bush administration’s illegal Iraq War. I found the family’s comments during their DNC speech somewhat “low information voter.” I seem to recall the father saying his son ‘died for his country,’ but he didn’t. His son died for lies and was killed in part by the “woman” he effectively is endorsing.

5. bpeeps thread starter macrumors 68020

bpeeps

I am not a writer for Gawker.

6. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Jess. You if you quit the killary comments and make shorter/easier to manage post you might get somewhere. For now TL,DR
    --- Post Merged, Jul 31, 2016 ---
    Same gawker that lost to hulk?

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I thought Gawker went under. (a folding chair)

8. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

That’s fine, I found it myself.

Trump’s Thunderbolts

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/30/opinion/trumps-thunderbolts.html

On the poignant appearance of Muslim lawyer Khizr Khan and his wife, whose son, Humayun, an Army captain, posthumously received a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart and was buried at Arlington National Cemetery after he was killed by a suicide bomber in Iraq in 2004. As his wife, Ghazala, stood silently by his side, Khan held up a copy of the Constitution and asked Trump if he had ever read it and said, “You have sacrificed nothing.”

“I’d like to hear his wife say something.”

Seriously, Trump said eight words. How mindnumbingly noncontroversial a response.

Setting The Record Straight

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/setting-the-record-straight

“Captain Humayun Khan was a hero to our country and we should honor all who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country safe. The real problem here are the radical Islamic terrorists who killed him, and the efforts of these radicals to enter our country to do us further harm. Given the state of the world today, we have to know everything about those looking to enter our country, and given the state of chaos in some of these countries, that is impossible. While I feel deeply for the loss of his son, Mr. Khan who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, (which is false) and say many other inaccurate things. If I become President, I will make America safe again.

Further, Hillary Clinton should be held accountable for her central role in destabilizing the Middle East. She voted to send the United States to war against Iraq, helped lead the disastrous withdrawal of American troops years later that created the vacuum allowing the rise of ISIS, and has never met a regime change she didn’t like (which have all been disasters) – not to mention her invasion of Libya and her abandonment of American personnel in Benghazi. The loss of these lives in Libya is directly traceable to Clinton, but their families' testimonials were rejected by the media.

Clinton’s actions have been reckless and have directly led to the loss of American lives. And her extreme immigration policies, as also laid out by American victims in Cleveland, will cause the preventable deaths of countless more -- while putting all residents, from all places, at greater risk of terrorism.

Clinton’s actions have been reckless and have directly led to the loss of American lives. And her extreme immigration policies, as also laid out by American victims in Cleveland, will cause the preventable deaths of countless more -- while putting all residents, from all places, at greater risk of terrorism.

As Bernie Sanders said on numerous occasions, Hillary Clinton suffers from "bad judgement." She is not qualified to serve as Commander in Chief.”– Donald J. Trump

9. bpeeps thread starter macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Not quite sure why you're editing and reposting the same thing, but okay.

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

What, you don't think media mogul Rupert Murdoch wants to sell newspapers?

11. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Murdoch owns faux news. Faux news worked against trump . Hard to say how much trump is going to be able to play the media

12. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Because I was unsure if you saw that part since your reply suggested you only read where I asked you to post any of Trump’s buffoonery about the Khans. Sometimes that happens, where a person replies while you’re revising your comment and they don’t then see how it’s been edited before their reply is posted.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think he...the actual family member, can decide what and who his son died for better than you will ever be able to.

Also, while your deflection is noted, the Khans appeared on the stage and event where Hillary was nominated, so obviously they do not share your view that Hillary is the disaster here. Hmmm, maybe they aren't the problem. Maybe, just maybe, it's you with the misguided outlook here and doing whatever you can to distract from the very real disaster that Trump has been and continues to be this weekend.

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I assume here you mean Hillary Clinton in her role as NY Senator, as Capt. Humayun S.M. Khan was killed in 2004, four years before the Obama administration began.

Hillary was one of 77 Senators who voted yes, 29 of them Democrats and 48 Republicans.

Of course, the Trumpistas will make great hay of this, arguing that Clinton is thus, in effect responsible for the war and for Khan's death, and thus, Trump is a better candidate. But, this merely highlights Trump's fundamental weakness as a candidate. He's never had to make a consequential decision about U.S. foreign policy, the use of the military, or even the experience of combat.

He's never had to sacrifice by serving—instead, he deferred repeatedly—and he's never had to make this kind of decision.

Ultimately, the Trumpers are missing the more important part of Khan's message—Donald Trump has called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on." (Of course, subtle minds will notice the latter part of the sentence and realize that it means until Donald Trump figures out "what is going on" which might take now and forever.)

It's not about the war. It's about Trump's proposal to subvert the U.S. Constitution and internal law by creating a religious test for travel. This isn't just about refugees, or just about our "boarders" but instead about Trump's proposal.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You are either deflecting or are being low information here. That wasn't the problem comment. The problem is he speculated that maybe her husband didn't allow her to speak. In other words he was ASSuming that because of some cultural religious reason the wife was kept silent when in reality she was just too emotional to talk up on stage.

This is why he is a pathetic choice for president. Rather than looking into situations, or waiting for answers, he like the buffoon that he is, crashes into conversations head first without knowing anything making him look quite stupid in the process and the last thing the US (or any country really) should want in a President. It's just not the right quality. He's just not the right fit for the job he is seeking.

A President has to be diplomatic. Trump is not. A President has to be knowledgeable. Trump is not. A president has to be prudent and wait for details before inserting foot into mouth...Trump doesn't wait and instead makes comments like this one about Mrs. Kahn and things like Egypt Air where he said 100% it was blown out of the sky with absolutely nothing to back his claim up. Just random made up stuff. Not Presidential. Sorry Mr. Trump. Next. We'll keep your application on file and you can reapply in four years.

16. Jess13, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I know where the Khans appeared. Yes, clearly they don’t share my view. Which is funny, because if it was my son that Hillary directly helped to kill, I would not be endorsing the woman who helped to kill him. Perhaps his father is stupid? We don’t know how his mother feels because apparently she didn’t say a word.

I know when Hillary voted, and when Humayun was killed. Hillary is partly, directly responsible. Trump didn’t vote for the illegal war; Hillary did. Trump didn’t vote to further fund the war; Hillary did. Trump didn’t give floor speech in Congress in support of attacking Iraq based on lies and intentionally distorted intelligence that Hillary knew it was from the start, being a member of the Bush-Clinton Crime Group; Hillary did. Trump didn’t happily, mindlessly oblivous to optics hug Hillary’s brother George W. Bush earlier this year; Hillary did. Trump didn’t kill Humayun Khan; Hillary did.

Brother and Sister, March 2016

BushHillaryKhizrKhan.jpg

Donald Trump, February 2016

Trump WMD.jpg

Sucks to consciously be supporting and defending the worst 2016 candidate, doesn’t it?

Warbama .jpg

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

It's kind of ironic to ponder the intelligence of Mr. Kahn while not even knowing the whole story here. More wilfull ignorance/low information on display. See, I don't mind if someone wants to vote for Trump WHILE KNOWING EVERYTHING ABOUT ALL THE STORIES ASSOCIATED WITH HIM. But over and over again far too many times, I see Trump supporters not even knowing basic facts about a story and working off of only half information. The wife didn't say anything at the podium on stage. That doesn't mean she hasn't said anything. She and her husband have been doing interviews all weekend since Friday night. It's all over the Internet. Just a Google search away.

I know you can be quite detailed when you want to be, as your post here reflect that. But when it comes to Trump all that detail takes a holiday. Please...be as informed on Trump as you are on Hillary. Don't intentionally stick your head in the sand on Trump issues just because you think Hillary has issues. She does. But so does he. Know the details of them as good as Hillary's issues. Only then will you be able to make a truly informed decision.

And that meme you posted is about the dumbest one I have ever seen. As if either of them would actually want a soldier killed. I have my issues with Bush, but even I don't think that about him.

18. Jess13, Aug 1, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I am informed on Hillary, that’s why I hate Her. And that’s all that really matters in this. Hillary killed Humyan Khan; Trump didn’t. The Khans supporting Hillary is a joke. I just watched a clip featuring WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange during his July, 25th interview with Democracy Now!, where he says that in Hillary’s private server emails it shows her involvement in arming jihadists, including ISIS.

Assange: Why I Created WikiLeaks' Searchable Database of 30,000 Emails from Clinton's Private Server

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/7/25/assange_why_i_created_wikileaks_searchable

So, those Hillary Clinton emails, they connect together with the cables that we have published of Hillary Clinton, creating a rich picture of how Hillary Clinton performs in office, but, more broadly, how the U.S. Department of State operates. So, for example, the disastrous, absolutely disastrous intervention in Libya, the destruction of the Gaddafi government, which led to the occupation of ISIS of large segments of that country, weapons flows going over to Syria, being pushed by Hillary Clinton, into jihadists within Syria, including ISIS, that’s there in those emails. There’s more than 1,700 emails in Hillary Clinton’s collection, that we have released, just about Libya alone.​

KillaryForeignPolicy.jpg

Hillary is the worst 2016 candidate. The worst. Complete ****ing trash.

19. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

20. Jess13, Aug 1, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

In this interview for CNN post-speech, Khizr Khan said the “reason” he showed Trump the Constitution was he would read in it the significance of Gold Star Mother’s and that Trump doesn’t know what is said about them because he’s ignorant:

“To not be aware of the respect of a Gold Star Mother standing there—and he had to take that shot at her. This is height of ignorance. This is why I showed him that Constitution, had he read that he would know what status a Gold Star Mother holds in this nation. This country holds such a person in the highest regard and he has no knowledge, no awareness. That is height of his ignorance.

Derp! The Constitution doesn’t say one single ****ing word about Gold Star Mother’s, so who is the ignorant one about the Constitution? Khizr’s a Hill-bot moron.

Here is Khizr’s full speech, with two relevant quotes:

2:20 “Please welcome Khizr Khan, from Charlottesville, VA.”

7:11 “In this document look for the words, look for the words: ‘Liberty’ and ‘Equal protection of [the] law.’”

Watch the full speech. Notice that nowhere in Khizr’s speech was there any mention of his wife being a Gold Star Mother, not one word about it. And the announcer didn’t even introduce the mother in the ‘please welcome,’ they only introduced the father haha! (Hillary Clinton’s #WarOnWomen strikes again, only the men get welcomed and addressed by name.) Khizr didn’t even introduce his wife! What Khizr said about the Constitution during his speech: liberty and equal protection of the laws. That’s it. There wasn’t one word about Gold Star Mother’s in his entire speech. So was he lying in his interview for CNN about his “reason” for showing it to Trump? Perhaps he lied, but I don’t think he’s inherently a liar, I just think that he’s dumb. He supports and endorses the woman who killed his ****ing son, so obviously he isn’t too bright. Trump didn’t kill his son. Jill Stein didn’t kill his son. Gary Johnson didn’t kill his son. He could endorse any of them or no one at all. Nope, Hillary killed his son and that’s who he supports and endorses. Dumb. But further, how would Trump be expected to know that she is a Gold Star Mother anyway? No one said anything about it until after Trump made his comments about her not speaking. Then, and only then, did the media script get adjusted to: “Trump insulted Gold Star Mother! Gold Star Mother Attack Vector; Initiate.” Also, there was nothing in the mother’s attire in any way to suggest special designation as such, no visual cues for Trump or anyone else to see. There is a type of dress that Gold Star Mother’s wear during military-related functions and she wasn’t wearing any of it during the DNC speech:

Gold Star Mother’s Club

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Star_Mothers_Club#Uniform

The uniform consists of a white skirt, white shirt, and a white blazer, with a gold star embroidered on either lapel, and gold piping on the sleeve cuffs, and collars, and white shoes, either Mary Janes or pumps, with a white cap, similar to a women's service hat, with gold piping. This uniform is worn at all parades, meetings, and social functions connected with military functions (i.e. Memorial Day services at Arlington National Cemetery, etc.)

Let’s play a game and find Trump’s vote authorizing George W. Bush to kill Khizr’s son Humayun.

H.J.Res. 114 (107th): Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/107-2002/s237

Command-F: Trump

TS.png

Command-F: Clinton, Hillary

H.png
    H.J.Res. 114 (107th): Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/107-2002/h455

Command-F: Trump

TH.png

Command-F: Paul, Ron

R.png

Ron Paul, my favorite politician ever, tried to save Humayun Khan’s life. **** Hillary.

From a fellow veteran and most likely a Trump supporter:

An Open Letter to Khizr Khan

https://globalriskinfo.com/2016/07/31/an-open-letter-to-khizr-khan/

Does it matter whether Mr. Trump has sacrificed “…nothing and no one?”…has Ms. Clinton “..sacrificed” for this nation? How about Mr. Obama? Your comment stating that Mr. Trump “…has sacrifice no one” is alarming. Are you intimating that YOU sacrificed? Sir, your son willingly sacrificed himself. As a father I cannot imagine the pain you must feel but his sacrifice is his own. He was not forced to serve.​

Humayun Khan was brave and heroically tried to (and likely did) save his fellow service members:

Khizr Khan’s loss: A grieving father of a soldier struggles to understand

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/khizr-khans-loss-a-grieving-father-of-a-soldier-struggles-to-understand/2016/07/28/18e8139a-552d-11e6-bbf5-957ad17b4385_story.html

Over time, his colonel and his fellow soldiers told Khan how his son died, and that, too, had some sort of horrible logic to it. Humayun's job at the base in Baqubah was to inspect the soldiers at the gates, where crowds of Iraqis would sometimes gather. Humayun went early that morning, which was just like him. He saw a taxi speeding toward the gates, too fast, he thought. He yelled for everyone to hit the dirt. Then, as was his nature, he went running toward it, they said.

"Ten or 15 steps with his hand outstretched," his father said, stretching his own arm out in front of him almost a year later, telling some ghost taxi to stop in a downtown conference room.

The explosives detonated before the car could ram the gates or the mess hall nearby, where several hundred soldiers were eating breakfast.

I’m not attacking the son: He should never have been sent to Iraq, he should never have been killed. I protested the Iraq War from before it began. And I’m not attacking the father for speaking, because I know how important it is to speak about loved one’s who have been killed. One of my favorite 9/11 family members, Bob McIlvaine, in 2010:

“[...] and we talked about Bobby, which is great. This is one of the big problems about 9/11, this is why it’s great to come here: [be]cause I get a chance to talk about Bobby. My friends don’t want to talk about him, they’re afraid to bring it up. And that’s the worst thing that could happen, that you don’t get a chance to talk about your son. It really is.”

In summation. Khizr Khan’s speeches and interviews that I have watched thus far—while he makes a few valid arguments on some issues—are more about emotion than logic. My opinion of Khizr Khan: He’s basically stupid. He would have to be stupid to mindlessly—or worse, consciously—support one of the people who directly caused his son to be killed for lies.

PS. Want a good laugh? Read this hit piece by Washington Post resident neocon warmonger Jennifer “send your kids to die in the mideast for fake allies Israel and Saudi Arabia and for the military-industrial complex war profiteers” Rubin. She’s a PRO-IRAQ WAR neocon from the same gang that helped to kill Khizr’s son Humayun. She is terrified of Trump being POTUS, as are the rest of the USA hating, anti-American neocon bastards. The neocons support Hillary, I wonder why? Hillary’s PRO-WAR, ALL DAY, EVERYDAY.

21. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Jess' statements are pretty true and solid. Again, everyone feels bad for Kahn and their son who died. However, his son is no more a hero than anyone else who died serving. He's not special because he's was a Muslim. Plenty of Mulslims have died fighting their own.

What his father needs to do is start leading they way with their own people here in the US to help the authorities discover the radical moles hiding among their people here in the US vs attacking Trump who's plan to secure the borders is solid and filled with common sense.

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

False. We can't get anywhere with these people.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 1, 2016 ---
    Let's hope Hillary leaks some nude photos as well.

23. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

If that happens I'm going to vote for your ban :p

24. samcraig macrumors P6

You should really read more. Especially if you're going to support Trump. He didn't just say those eight words. Here's more... and with context, it's not at all mind-numbingly noncontroversial.

"I saw him," Trump said of the speech. "He was very emotional and probably looked like a nice guy to me. His wife … if you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say."

"She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me," Trump continued. "But a plenty of people have written that. She was extremely quiet, and it looked like she had nothing to say. A lot of people have said that."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...be-she-wasnt-allowed-to-have-anything-to-say/

25. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Why? Hillary needs to keep up.