Did everyone end up with the ipad of their choice?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by berrylicious, Mar 11, 2011.

1. berrylicious macrumors newbie

I've been waiting for a long time for this ipad. I feel extremely lucky to have gotten one but I really wanted the black 64g 3g att. By the time they got to me at my local BB they only had the white 64g 3g att, so I settled. Hopefully the white one will grow on me. How did everyone else fare out? We're you able to get the ipad you wanted?

2. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

yes, got the white 16gb wifi and best part didn't have to wait in line for even a second

3. HazChem macrumors regular

Yup. There were about 50 people ahead of me at BB and I got my 32 ATT 3G White iPad. Although I felt like it was Black Friday with the slow, long line to pay.

4. Branskins macrumors 65816

Ya! Got my 16GB Black wifi only! Apparently the AT&T 3G ones were selling out quickly! I thought that was odd, but I at least got the one I was looking for!

5. ozred macrumors 6502

Other than partial Internet (no surprise NF) I got an iPad 2

6. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Got my 64GB Black Wi-Fi model just like I wanted! I was about 50th on line. The staff walked through the line with tickets for different models asking which you wanted. I was sweating balls thinking they wouldn't have the one I wanted because a guy a few people infront of me didn't get what he wanted. But they had a huge stack of the one I wanted so I got it no problem, great experience!

7. rnelan7 macrumors 6502

rnelan7

I got my 64gb black wifi after waiting for 2.5 hours. The only thing they didn't have that I wanted was the Apple dock. Was anyone else able to get the Apple dock?

8. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Nope. Was looking for a 32 GB White model with AT&T 3G and the Apple Store by me sold out of all AT&T models.

Not going to settle. I've placed my order online and will be checking back at the store periodically until it ships.

9. Preds macrumors member

Waited 3 hours in line and got squat as ALL AT&T models sold out 20 people before I got to the door.

Wanted the 64gb 3G AT&T. Wasn't going to spend hundreds of dollars and "settle" for a WIFI only version when I know I'll have needs for 3G.

The Verizon models were a joke. Nobody was buying them. Of course half the people in line were Canadian and wanted GSM. Total BS that they took inventory meant for the US market. One negative to living in a border city I guess.

10. Mike Reed macrumors regular

I was shooting for a 64 Gig black AT&T model, but had to go with the Verizon one instead as they ran out of AT&T ones. I was planning on swapping my SIM as I had a grandfathered unlimited plan, though the Apple rep helping me suggested that the grandfathering was unlikely to last a great deal longer. Either way I couldn't purchase an AT&T one anyway, the rumor just made me feel a little better about it. :)

11. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Same thing going on here in Dallas. Tons of Verizon models left, but no AT&T models to be found.

There are clearly areas of this country that are more AT&T-heavy or Verizon-heavy than others. You'd think Apple could do their research and ship accordingly.

12. hi res macrumors member

hi res

Waited almost 7 hours but I got my 32gb black Verizon 3G....using this bad boy right now! I was 20th in a line of over 300.

13. mrguru macrumors newbie

nope. wanted 32gig wifi waited at best buy they ran out before the got to me, almost sprung on a 64 and i was like screw this. raced down to target like 3 mins before 5 and they only had 16 or 64 gig wifi. they had 1 16 gig left so i took it. :D

14. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I waited in line 2.5 hours and wanted the 64 3G Black. They Nnly had white left. :( I bought the white and I'm now headed to the 5th ave store to see if they have black stock. I guess I'll be waiting in line again for another few hours. :(

15. neworleans-7 macrumors regular

neworleans-7

I didn't. I wanted the 16GB Black WiFi-only and ended up with the 32GB White WiFi-only lol. Not a bad trade up but didn't really want a white iPad. Ah well.

16. Alicia4065 macrumors regular

17. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Was 8th in line at Best Buy and got the first of only two white 16GB 3G AT&T. There were not many 3G AT&T iPads to go around.

Funny, the area I was in doesnt even get Verizon 3G but they were aplenty.

18. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I returned the white iPad I purchased and will try the NY Apple stores again over the weekend to see if they get more shipment of the Black AT&T models.

19. Maaz macrumors 6502a

I got exactly what I wanted. And I got the last of it at my store :) white iPad 64gb wifi.

20. leenak macrumors 68020

32GB Black Wi-fi :)

Although I was waffling between 32 & 64, so would've been fine with either

21. krnboy503 macrumors regular

got my own 32GB white wifi only while getting my grandparents a 16GB white wifi only. 10th in line out of the 500+

22. navanod macrumors member

Almost... Everything but AT&T... I bought it anyways.
    Plan on selling it though once my online order ships.

23. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Same here. Got Verizon but wanted ATT. Not a big deal, though. I don't think it makes much difference since they're month to month. Verizon's network is a little slower, but their coverage is better and I don't anticipate using it away from Wi-Fi more than a few times a year. Besides, if I decide the Verizon version doesn't work for me I can always flip this one for an ATT at a later date.

24. kevjen888 macrumors regular

i wanted a 32G black At&T 3G, but ended up with a 64G white At&t 3G.

25. reputationZed macrumors 65816

I got what I wanted, a white 64GB WiFi. There were about 20 - 30 people a head of me ( I showed up around 3:15). The guy right behind me wanted a black 64GB WiFi but BB sold out before the tickets got that far back in the line. He took off none to pleased. The guy behind him wanted a black 16GB WiFi but settled for white when the black ran out.