iPad Did exchanging your old iPad Air to a new one fix the Safari crash/reload issue?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by saintforlife, Nov 20, 2013.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Did swapping to a new iPad Air fix the Safari crashing/reloading issue? I am wondering if I should bring mine in. I see tons of crash logs/low memory errors in the diagnostics menu.

2. Foss macrumors 6502

Foss

I would like an answer to this as well. I browse quite a bit on my Air via Safari, and if I change tabs, "older" tabs will almost always reload. Not a huge deal, but a small annoyance.

3. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Unfortunately Reloading Tabs is a feature in iOS Safari. That's just how mobile Safari works.

4. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

A new device isn't going to resolve this. It's just a limitation of 64bit architecture + 1gb RAM.

5. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

So is it a big annoyance?? This and the screen issue are holding me back from purchasing my first iPad.

Wondering if I should just wait another year...

6. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

No way, if you see a use for an iPad before owning one you'll find a whole bunch of other things you'll use it for too.

I'm annoyed at Safari right now, it won't be that way forever, it's just annoying, it's not, not usable in any way shape or form.

It is in fact just great to grab it and use it, it's great with one slightly annoying thing that takes about a second to resolve for the here and now and will most likely be fixed, hopefully in short order.

7. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Doesn't safari all together reload tabs and pages? Even on my rMBP when I swipe back it reloads the page.

sUPER annoying.

And Safari crashed on my air every.... 15 min of use w two or three tabs open max. Anymore forget it.

8. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

It's only an "annoyance" for the super OCD group. They are not "issues" for everyone. I love my rMini, best tablet I've ever used aside from an Air. Love this thing.

9. Foss macrumors 6502

Foss

I have no screen issue whatsoever. I am confident in saying this affects a small minority for sure. Anyways, if you get one with the issue, all you have to do is go to a store to get it exchanged anyways. I don't see this a being a blocker for buying one. Safari issue can be annoying, but I wouldn't pass on buying a new PC just because my browser of choice had the same issue. That's just a software fix anyways which will surely be squashed in the next patch or two. Beautiful screen + very comfortable to hold + great battery life = happy camper (for me.)

10. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

The reloads are annoying but tolerable. The crashing is driving me nuts. I have the low memory logs and made an appointment at the Genius Bar to have it looked at on Monday.

I really don't want to exchange it and have to set up another iPad but it is starting to drive me crazy.

I just wish there was a definitive answer as to whether it was software or hardware related. I see lots of posts from people on both sides. If it is software, I will keep hanging in there. If it is hardware, I want to swap it.

Did anyone have Apple exchange it for warranty concerns? I bought mine at Best Buy and can no longer return it.

11. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

no.

I had a launch-day ipad air, and returned it for the screen. I now have an ipad mini retina. The air was a 16GB T-mobile, and the mini is a 32GB wifi.

They both crash in safari several times. The air had several restarts, while the mini has only had one so far.

I doubt it's defective.

12. doboy macrumors 68000

My rMini occasionally crashes as well, more than my iPad 3 on iOS7. I just think that iOS is not as optimized for the A7 64 bit architecture. iOS 7 was probably developed with A6 devices. I would just hang on for Apple to fix it and you always have 1 year warranty.