Did I buy the wrong phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XboxMySocks, Oct 4, 2012.

1. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Here's the thing. My phone came perfect out of the box. No scratches. No yellow tint. No """"purple camera""""" (its called lens flare lol). No WiFi issues. No LTE issues.

My question is, did I buy the wrong phone? I'm missing all the excitement. My phone doesn't even have a defective anodized coating. I dropped it this morning and it took a chunk out of the floor I dropped it on. Phone itself is absolutely unscratched. What's the big deal?!

2. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I am glad that you have a good phone. There's nothing wrong with that. Are you saying that you don't believe the complaints? That you think everybody here who has complained about their phone is making it up?

3. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Many of us have the "wrong phone", as you note.

4. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Wow, just when I thought I have seen it all here on MacRumors, this post pops up.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

mine transformed....do I have the wrong phone?

6. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Between all the posts asking Apple to fix lens flare, complaining about metal scratching, about 'defective screens' (warmer colour profile), I thought I'd bring some sanity. People do have very legitimate issues. As with any device. But most of it is senseless bitching.

7. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

OP, are you trying to be funny ? Many have issues that have been verified to be real, not imagined. So your remarks are just immature in my opinion. :mad:

8. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

As I said. Many of the issues experienced are user generated, or non existent things that would not be pointed out if it was not an Apple product. Purple Cameras are an issue of an effect known for centuries called lens flare. Saying Apple needs to repeal the laws of physics and make this not happen is invalid. Battery issues, as I discovered, are fixed by a restore, deleting all the jailbreak things off the phone. 'Yellow Tints' in the screen from a warmer (98% complying to standard sRGB gamut) colour profile that produces much more accurate and beautiful colours. I see no issue in this phone.

Yes, some people suffer from manufacture defects. Colour wear and tears in the bezel brand new, screens cracking under regular touch, gaps in between the bezel & screen, etc. That is legitimate. But also in the minority of the woes and worries posted abroad the Internet.

9. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

adds some sanity?

how did the tone of this thread play out in your head??
    because im sure most responses to your op wont be too sane...

I have a great phone too.. just dont see the point of this thread??

there is already a thread about "if your phone is in 100% good condition" etc.

10. richmds macrumors regular

Keep staring at it. Get really close and look at all the edges, the lens, the glass. Constantly listen to the same ringtone or alert tone.
    Eventually you will find something slightly off and you can join the rest of the folks that have normal functioning phones at the Apple store looking to replace theirs with the wrong phone.

11. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

You got the right phone, but the wrong floor.

12. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

You got the wrong head, but the right floor.

(that didnt make any sense)

13. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

LMFAO. Flawless.