Did I get a used phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luixfern, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Luixfern macrumors newbie

I received my phone yesterday from Verizon. I booted into it while it had a temp number on it because I wanted to download my back-up while I waited for the port over from ATT. Now for some reason it asks me for a different apple ID when I go to app store.

Also, I never used the hotspot feature on my iphones, however, when I was checking it out, I saw that there is a password already there.

Is data such as that tagged with a phone number that gets pulled down?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The hotspot always has a random password that you change.

As for the id thing that's a little dodgy. Check on apples site when your warranty expires. You'll see when it was registared that way. The date should be the day you switched it on and activated it.

3. expy macrumors newbie

I was wondering about the hotspot password also because mine already had diddly1212 on it. Thanks for the info!

4. acatch90 macrumors newbie

Was your old phone jailbroken or do you recognize the email?

5. Luixfern thread starter macrumors newbie

I never jailbroke a phone. I mean they have been jailbroken after they were sold but I never used it jailbroken. I also don't recognized the email so it's not as if its a friends iphone either.

6. imazu macrumors regular

7. acatch90 macrumors newbie

Ok well when the login pops up when you go to the AppStore app, that usually means its trying to download an application. Maybe there was an app/music/video on your old iPhone that wasnt downloaded using your apple id on your old backup?

I'm pretty sure the issue is with your backup and not the phone. If you try setting the phone up as new you shouldn't get the popup

8. Luixfern, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

Luixfern thread starter macrumors newbie

There's no media on my phone yet other than pictures. Another thing to note was that when I was going through the prompt I allowed it to register with apple yet it doesn't show up when I check apple.com...

9. scotigno macrumors member

I had the same thing happen to me on my replacement at the apple store today. i had about 5 different apple ids pop up. i didn't know what to think but then i saw my cousins apple id. so i think it was from something on my backup. IDK.

10. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

this is what i read in an earlier thread as the solution. the person was downloading his music and stuff that was originally downloaded using someone elses apple ID. so if a bunch of people shared music or something, this will pop up. majority said to just log in with your ID and it will never come back.

11. bova80 macrumors 6502a

if you have music you didn't buy yourself and downloaded by other means it could be tied to a different apple id and that is why you see that pop up when you restore.

what you have to do is go into itunes and right click the column titles in music and add the column kind, then sort by it and see which say purchased aac audio and look for ones you didn't buy. to fix them you have to then right click it and say create aac version and then delete the original.