Did i lose all my purchased songs on a system restore??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davy.jones, Aug 1, 2009.

1. davy.jones macrumors newbie

Tried updating to 3.0.1 today but got an error message. i assumed i didnt update itunes. before i got a chance to check a message popped up saying to restore to default settings in order to update. i hit ok and tried to do a sync before i restored but it wouldnt allow me to. now the iphone is restored and im afraid that albums i bought from the phone are going to be gone forever. they never got synced into my itunes and i have no idea why or if they're on my backup...im freaking it. its over a hundred dollars in songs and audio books!!! Help?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Email Apple and they will let you redownload the purchased content.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) Agree with above
    2) Why the H*LL didn't you back up? Any digital media should be backed up! Consider this a life lesson.

4. davy.jones thread starter macrumors newbie

because the computer i have all my music on is a piece of crap and it takes forever to sync. it took almost 3 hours to update the phone and now im waiting for the backup to be installed..plus when i tried to drag and drop my purchased content from the phone to itunes it wouldnt let me. definitely a life lesson though, i dont think ill ever update again without knowing for sure its all synced.

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

They MAY let the OP download everything once again. There have been people who have been told no by Apple because it is their responsibility to make backups.

6. andrew upstairs macrumors 6502

That's because you can't. There's a menu option. "Transfer content purchased on iPhone" or something like that.