Did I lose my Apps? I thought I backed them up... WTF?! HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yoyoma02, Mar 12, 2011.

1. yoyoma02 macrumors newbie

I updated my Mac from a 10.4 to a 10.6. I backup'ed my iPhone 4 and hit "restore" and then "restore from backup".

None of my old app's or any of their information is there.. I can't find them.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get these apps back? I really don't want to download all of them over again. And, some of the app's had info dating back to a year ago!

Help, please!

2. jdaniel macrumors 65816

if you click itune preferences whilst the iphone is connected... and check under devices you should see the list of back ups there. If its not there.... then ? And I am not sure I understand... I am assuming the upgrade of the mac and restoring of the iphone are unrelated.. and did u do the back up before or after the update.

Check your itune settings I assume u made sure all the settings for sync are correct...? in itunes.. left bar ..libraries..apps.. no apps there?

3. yoyoma02 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply! I did the backup before I hit restore. The weird part, is that all of my photos are on my phone. It's just not that app's.

I'm not sure if there is a setting or something I'm missing?

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Are the apps still in iTunes?

5. yoyoma02 thread starter macrumors newbie

No.. I don't see them when I click on my iPhone -> Apps

Any ideas? Did I backup incorrectly?

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I have no idea what happened. It could have been iTunes, but it was likely something you did, incorrectly.

7. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

Do you have a (time machine) backup of your computer. If you do, you may want to restore your computer to that point, and sync your phone, then try upgrading to Snow Leopard again.

8. Aidoon macrumors newbie

Aidoon

If all you are trying to do is get your apps back, simply log in and download them again. You may be prompted to confirm purchase but then you will get an alert saying it's free.

If you forgot all the apps you bought, you can find them by logging into your iTunes account and clicking on the down arrow next to your username, select Account and there should be an option to list purchased apps.

9. jdaniel macrumors 65816

see the screen shot... not in your iphone but on ur itunes... AND just go thru the sync options and check boxes when you have your iphone connected.. you know.. check if you missed anything... each tab.. each screen

Attached Files: