did i screw my iphone screen up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Roachmon95, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Roachmon95 macrumors newbie

hi,

i just got the 4s a couple days ago and i went to clean the screen today(it had some grease on it). I took a 100% cotton t shirt and wet the corner down a bit with some water from the sink. i then just wiped the screen gently with the damp side and dried it with the dry side. i was reading around and it seems like this is apple's suggested method for cleaning iphone screens, im just worried because it seems like the screen isnt as smooth as it was before and it kind of attracts fingerprints more. do you think i could have screwed the oleophobic coating up, or am i just being ocd? thanks for your help.

2. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

You shouldn't have affected your screen that way.

If you want to avoid concern in the future, get a microfiber cloth.

3. Roachmon95 thread starter macrumors newbie

i got one now, im worried because i didnt use distilled water, i dont know if that really matters or not.

4. Cdaddy112 macrumors member

are you being serious??

5. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

I highly recommend a matte screen protector for your iPhone's screen.

It reduces grease and fingerprints more effectively than glossy screen protectors.

However the downside is that the screen isn't as sharp with matte than glossy.

6. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

7. salacious macrumors 6502a

could have been worse, the water could have been diluted with bath salts and eaten the OP's face!!! oh the horror of un-distilled water...

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

The coating will reduce over time and usage, which is general wear and tear.

I use a micro fibre cloth too.

All the other ways such as wipes are a waste of money and not in my humble opinion needed.

9. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Clean the screen with water (distilled if you prefer) and a microfiber cloth, then slap one of these on it.