Did I screw myself out of $250? (Please let me know soon so I can cancel the order!)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chrono1081, Sep 7, 2009.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Hi guys.

A friend of mine was using the "Buy a mac get a free iPod touch" deal to buy her mac. Well, she got slapped with a $2k surprise tuition fee so I offered to buy it and she just pay me back.

I am currently in college but when it asks you what your zip code is and it finds your college off of it I clicked "Penn State" not thinking anything of it cause its the college she goes to.

Well, all the billing and address info is in my name. Unfortunately I am unable to call apple for another 4 hours I believe it is in my time zone. Will this screw her (which will end up screwing me cause I'll eat the cost of it since it was my mistake) out of the rebate for the iPod touch? Please let me know so I can cancel the order. (I don't want to cancel now cause I wont have enough room on my card).

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I don't see why it should matter. Students often go to university in different cities or even countries from their permanent address.

If you don't mind me asking, how is $2k for tuition a surprise? Actually, if I only had to pay $2k I'd be quite pleasantly surprised. Or do you mean a student loan or something didn't come through in time?

3. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Her financial aid for whatever reason didn't hit in time so she had to pay out of pocket to start the semester. She'll get the money back eventually but there went the money she had saved for her laptop : / (All her classes use Mac too)

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I presume you know her very well - otherwise giving her a $2k loan isn't a good idea ;).