Did I see the new iPad at Best Buy today?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by identity, Mar 15, 2012.

1. identity macrumors 6502

I went to Best Buy this morning to get a sleeve for my pre-ordered iPad. I went to the iPad section and was looking at the iPad 2's they have in the case and I noticed that on one side of the case, they had rows of iPad's but they were faced backwards, just showing the back side of the iPad. The iPad 2's were shown with the front showing out to the customers.

Could it be possible that they were the new iPads? Unless some dumb BB employee faced them all backwards for no reason but they're generally placed with the front looking out so you can see the picture of the iPad. I tried to take a better look to see what model number the iPad facing backwards was but couldn't tell if it was the new or iPad 2.

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Best buy stores do have them already. I was told by employee that they were locked up inside manager's office. Best buy will not release it until tomorrow.

3. identity thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I thought. It was just suspicious because it was all faced backwards in one side of the case while the other 2 sides of the case were faced the same way. Probably overthinking what happened lol!

Can the mods delete this thread?

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I was told that best buy will be handing out tickets tomorrow for iPads.

I am going for the biggest store in my area, but I am not sure if I will be able to get one. I am not going to apple store because there will be too many people.

5. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

Sometimes stores loss prevention will have them places backwards so that one in front is taken out its noticeable and then they check to see if it was actually sold so its possible that it just hadn't been checked yet. Or someones lazy.

6. identity thread starter macrumors 6502

That makes sense. That means they must still have a lot in stock because all the cases were full.

7. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

When I worked at Best Buy, we placed all of our iPad boxes with the back facing outward, because that's where the storage capacity (16, 32, 64) and whether it is only Wi-Fi or also cellular is located on the box, so it was easier than flipping all of the boxes around to find the correct model.

8. identity thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool. I never knew that they did that. I'd always seen them facing the front but maybe I never noticed because I already had an iPad 2. The next time I go, I'll look out and see how they place their iPad's again.