Did iPhone put my local T-Mobile store out of business?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Feb 18, 2008.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

My former local T-Mobile store used to be located located across from Apple in my local shopping mall. Since the iPhone came out, I've noticed less visitors the nearby Verizon store, but more notably, the T-Mobile store. I saw the T-Mobile store closed yesterday with a piece of paper on the window stating that they are "moving to a more improved spot for the store" a.k.a. one of the ghettoest towns in the county. Does anybody think this is related with the iPhone release?

2. iLeoMarc macrumors regular

They moved to sell the Sidekick to those who are crazy for them, the gangsters! Why do they love the sidekick so much? Beats me.

And I do know it's not only gangsters who like them, but many of them do. So I am not trying to be closed minded or anything, just take my statement with a grain of salt please.

3. erickufrin macrumors newbie

4. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

I think that's more stereotypical than racist. I can't even help but agree.:)

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

when did he ever say the gangsters were of a certain race?? ...

6. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Now that is true...;)

7. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

as someone formerly from nj, i am curious as to what "one of the ghettoest towns in the county" is?

and in answer to your question, it is doubtful this has to do with the iPhone

8. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Wow.... ignorant much???

9. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

I agree. Not racist. Just stereotypical. Think about it though. It's more true than not. No matter what race your "local gangsta's" may be. ;)

10. erickufrin macrumors newbie

wow... sorry for not correctly identifying to proper form of prejudice the first 2 posters spoke of.... thanks for correcting me....

11. Aries326 macrumors 6502

Ghettoest town in the country? He might be referring to Newark, NJ or Jersey City.

As for only gansgters using sidekicks, I didn't know that. Maybe the Sidekick was featured in a rap song or something...

Actually, if you look at T-Mobile marketing strategy and pricing, they do target more people with less income and get less revenue per line than other companies.

Does this mean Bill Gates is now the head gangster? :confused:

Here's some ARPU (Average Revenue Per Unit) data for Q1 2007:

Sprint with $9.25 was ahead of Verizon at $8.7, AT&T at $7.88, and T-Mobile at $7.5

Here's an article that states Apple has a $18 ARPU from AT&T.
    http://www.glgroup.com/News/Apples-$18-month-ARPU-share-with-ATT-is-Mind-Blowing-19112.html?Keyword=arpu&obj=Search

So basically, out of that data plan people buy, AT&T only gets $2. But its better to get something than nothing. AT&T will still make an extra $10 per iPhone because a percentage of the people will upgrade to the 1500 txts a month for $10 or get raped after going over 200 txts. That's why I suspect you won't see any iChat program coming from Apple. AT&T wants you to go over on the texting plan. I don't know about some of you guys, most of my texts are used up from people IMing me from Yahoo or AIM.